Requesting an example outline of a high gain profile

• Hey, If anybody has time could you set me up with all the parameters that are suggestion to get the best high gain tone. Thru the , (Stomp-stack-effects)
    Like compression placemet, sag settings , best eq to use and where? and mostly just all the parameters in the stack section that my ignorance is making me miss out on better tone that could be achieved.
    Thanks big time to anyone who would spend time to help. This forum feels like a family. Especially compared to the Fractal forum that I used to roll with.

• Welcome , I don't think a generic answer could help you since every amp profile is different, even if very hi gain settings will add so much compression that differences will tend to disappear. You should start with a great sounding profile, the one that will be killer on it's own, just thrust you ears here ! Then adjust the basic front EQ parameters. If you're still not 100% satisfied, then go to AMP parameters.

most important parameters for me are definition , clarity and a tad of direct mix, but I won't go very hi gain (up to the JCM900 for me).

definition is the most critical :

• for a rhythm tone for instance, set it on hi settings for better mix cutting / edgy character , a bit of direct (like 0.3) is great. Clarity will also add some hi treble and works a threat to add string separation on a certain gain range
    • for a lead tone set it on lower defiition for creamy leads , you'll have to set it up to your taste , if you play legato or staccato you might prefer a different setting ! I usually set it up to a point it's very articulate but creamy enough

I will not comment on sag , it's up to your taste but feel free to experiment and don't be afraid to turn the knobs, it's really worth it.

regarding compression, there is a great amp parameter (you can try high values , like 6 for leads for instance) or some stomp presets.

• As waraba alluded to, there are no definite answers, as most of these parameters are very dependent on the "source profile". What works for one profile (with one guitar, one player etc etc) might not for another.

I would say that definition is the best starting point, and the most relevant to play with (since I think that this is the parameter that is LEAST dependent on specific source profile). But adjust to your own tastes.

Sagging and compression I think are not really effectful for higher gain tones - I believe this is mentioned in the manual. In any case, at the "zero" position, these represent how the amp sounded at the settings where it was profiled, so any further tweaking of this is taking it beyond the source setup, which may of course be what you prefer.

Keep in mind that profiles are not "built" like on an axe-fx, so it's not like they need to be tweaked - it's just a possibility for you to get closer to what you might like better than the source amp and its setup. I almost never touch them.

I'd say the way to go about this is to have a sound in your head, find a profile that gets you 90% there, then try to get those last 10%. This includes EQ and gain of course.

• Try these settings and rigs from BulldogXTRM:

Lead setting [Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/062fldaq8ejhkgg/Image1.jpg?dl=0]

Rhythm Setting [Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5m2sybv7xdwk5x/Image1.png?dl=0]

The orange labeled items are for stomps and not needed on the initial setting. Although the delay, reverb and phaser settings work great to always be on the lead. Reverb always on with the rhythm.

p.s. I use a 7 string and it is tuned standard with humbucker pickups.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• you may find useful stuff in this thread:

Dull sound!!! (yeah, another one of my threads like this)

make sure you read the last couple posts.
    this may not directly answer your question.
    but from the tiny bit I know about this awesome incredible KPA, it takes some work, some experimenting, some time, to get to know it.
    but the word is that it is soooo worth it.
    I also find the concept of resting, and taking a break, helpful.
    you can come back with a more relaxed attitude, more open, and your ears can kind of reset. and your whole brain.
    I like to think of myself as a scientist, who has gotten one of the most incredible powerful tools known to man, to check out, experiment with. what fun!!!!

Acoust-tech Nerdicous Roxus

• Just click on the amp section and mess with all the parameters on offer if you want to tweak the "body" of a sound you like. Sag, bias, pick, compression, these are all great ways to tweak a sound to where you want it to be.

After that, try things like adding a green scream in slot A, noise gates before and after the amp section or both, EQ in the X slot to shave off those unwanted highs and lows.

• Like the other suggested try to achieve your own tone. It's the one you're then will be the most satisfied with.
    If you want some suggestion for profiles to start with maybe give us a hint which type of metal you want to play.
    There are so many sub genres nowadays and the tone varies greatly. What tuning and kind of guitar are you using?