SOLVED - return input not working for reamp no matter what

• Hi all...

I have decided to open a new thread even though there was one similar in the past months.

the issue is the following: while trying to reamp I have hooked one output of the audio board to the Kemper return input. the result was no sound at all. I though it was the wrong routing from the DAW and/or audio board. Later in the attempt to find what the issue was i found out the routing was just perfect and I know this because instead of hooking to the return input I did hook the jack to the front input. Result: working just fine.

I have tried it all and made sure, before you mention it, that the input was set as it was supposed to be: return input reamp.

don't know what else to do...have opened a support ticket but it was, at least for now, of no help. I was asked to perform a system reset, but I don't know if this could be of help.

one question, dumb one: what goes with the system reset? don't care much about profiles since I have frequent backups.

anyways...anyone who can help me out here I'l be thankfull.

have to say that the reamp results using the front input is alright, and could live with it but I read in the manual that the front input is not recommended due to the signal. But how about quality using the front input? will it be a degraded sound?

thanks to all who will share tips

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Unfortunately there are not much possibilities to tweak but the reamp sense. But i'm shure you have
    checked this. Is you Audio Card able to reamp with S/PDIF? For me it is the best way to do reamping
    with high quality annd easy handling with clean and effect signal at one time in DAW. So when your
    Audio Card has S/PDIF and you have cables it would be a good test anyway.

AFAIK the system reset brings up the state of delivery. So you have to use your backups later.

• Hi hal2000 and thanks for your reply

I have spdif ma with different female jacks copmpared to the kemper's so I have to by a converter in order to use. Will give it a try once I have it.

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• edirol fa101 FireWire and sonar 7 as DAW

anyways we talk the main mistery remains: it works if using the front input and does not into the return input

• Thanks again. No, I didn't try to plug the guitar into the return input. Will try it as soon as possible.

and yes: I will perform some resets as requested by the support. will let you know...

• as per support advice and guide I performed a system reset and finally the return input works as it should.

So, for who ever has or will have this issue the system reset (press and hold SYSTEM while powering up) does the magic...unless of course someone has other hardware issues for that input...like having destroyed its female jack in an act of rage! :)

thanks to all who helped me out here and thanks to the support which responded in a matter of hours!

Edited once, last by michaelmellner ().