kemper with Cab

• Hi i know this has been discussed before so sorry in advance! im thinkig of buying a kemper power head with foot contorller, mainly because i play such a wide variety of genres and it can handle pedals really well! I will be using it with PA and FOH but most of the time id like to run it like a traditional head into a cab, i dont want to fork out a whole tone for the cab as the bundle is setting me back about £1700-1800, but how would the kemper work with a palmer cab? - http://www.thomann.de/gb/palmer_pcab212v30.htm i dont understand the wattage but i presume this would work in either mono or stereo?

• Not to throw a spanner in the works but....

I started off with this idea. You can get great tones from a cab with a Kemper. You can get great tones with a FRFR and a Kemper. I never found I could do both. I thought that simply turning off cab emulation would suffice but it really doesn't. Anything I set to sound great with the cab became unusable with the XLR/6.35mm outputs and vice versa. That compromised my use of the Kemper and I ended up going FRFR as a direct result.

That said, I know that I can take my Kemper and use a house cab and sound great but just not using my usual profiles.

• Most of the times I use both, my cab (always mono out of course) gives me the "guitar feel" on stage but most of the times I also have a floor monitor available (if the band is not too big :) with solely my guitar (stereo from FOH) coming out of it as well...so the best of both worlds and a really broad guitar sound this way.

If you use the right profiles; both ways sound absolutely great in my opinion!

• [quote='Clutterbilly','https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/29286-kemper-with-Cab/?postID=313349#post313349']....

If you use the right profiles; both ways sound absolutely great in my opinion![/
    This!

• [quote='Clutterbilly','https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/29286-kemper-with-Cab/?postID=313349#post313349']....

If you use the right profiles; both ways sound absolutely great in my opinion![/
    This!

Yep, true!

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• Have been playing big festivals all summer so far, always running the Powerhead into whatever backline (usually a Marshall/Orange 4x12) with cab off. Have sounds going from super clean to big distortion and coming off these cabs, tone always goes from great to amazing and if it isn't because of a particularly shitty cab, I just adjust the monitor out EQ.

The sound on stage is a combination of this cab and the monitors from FOH. The sound you send to FOH is straight from the master out and therefore, independent from this so even if your stage sound isn't stereo or 100% identical to the cab, it really doesn't matter as long as it doesn't distract you or your band. The bulk of the work is done at home/studio to make sure your sounds are good and balanced at gig volume. We're here to make music in the end and this has never been easier and effective for me than since I've started using this setup with the powerhead. All the stage technicians drool at it after soundchecks. Don't want to sound like an advertisement but no kidding, this piece of gear single-handedly changed my life.

• Actually I am Using my Kemper most oft the time with in Ears. Sometimes I use a Mesa Thiele 1*12 or a Palmer 1*12 (with V30) as monitors. And as well with a pair of DXR-10s.