IR to Cabinet converter

• I've got a lot of great IR's - could you provide a IR to KPA-Cabinet converter?

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• You could just profile them using a software modeler and then save the cab...it should work. I will profile this evening my preferred setups of S-Gear, and it uses Redwirez IRs. I'll let you know how it works....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• IRs are old technology, they were used on the Line 6 Pod 1.

Does the Kemper really need IRs, surely the cabinets in the KPA are part of it's unique magical tone, why try and fix what aint broken?

Besides, from what I've read from Axe-FX and 11R users it seems they spend hundreds of hours scanning through IRs, with the Kemper that seems like a waste of time because the cabs sound so good as they are.

• Hi Lance,

This is exactly what I want to check out this evening, I'll profile my preferred Dumbe-ish patch on S-Gear (that uses Redwirez IRs, 4x12 Basketwave with G12M25s) and then play around with the cabs in the Kemper and also look how the Kemperized IR sounds. I'll keep you posted.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• It would be cool to have a "cab-only" profiling mode :)
    I guess if you just profile an IR it won't be exactly the same as the KPA will think it is a clean amp?

But I don't know :)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• It would be cool to have a "cab-only" profiling mode :)
    I guess if you just profile an IR it won't be exactly the same as the KPA will think it is a clean amp?

But I don't know :)

Yeah, likewise an 'amp only' one, for direct out recordings. A portion of the direct out profile ends up in the cab section of the profile (just try switching the cab off on these profiles).
    I can see the benefits of the 'overall picture' in profiling everything in the chain, but it would be fun if they could be completely separate at the profiling stage.

• Today I profiled some of my Acoustic IR's (Bodys of Guitars, Celo's ...)

I put then into my AxeFx II and profiled then with the KPA.

It works but you have to be careful with 'refining' - sometimes it 'removes the body resonance'.

The funny thing is - there is no amp involved but the KPA stores a part of the IR into the amp and another part into the Cabinet ;)

Yes, a CAB only 'profile mode' would help too.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• IRs are old technology, they were used on the Line 6 Pod 1.

Who told you that? It's not true. A well done (set of) IR can sound good and can also be flexible, see Two Notes and Control Room Pro in Guitar Rig 5. I believe, being able to load IRs into the Profiler would be a nice option. You might want to model just the amps.

• of) IR can sound good and can also be flexible, see Two Notes and Control Room Pro in Guitar Rig 5. I believe, being able to load IRs into the Profiler would be a nice option. You might want to model just t

I agree!
    Static cab sim like IRs are inferior to dynamic cab sim. But the option to have it would be cool :)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar