EurekaProm and MidiMizer

• I am getting an FCB1010 to use with my KPA and am leaning to getting the Eurekaprom for it. I saw the MidiMizer accessory on their site and wonder if anyone
    here uses or has tried one. If so, how well does it work? Are there any glitches that you noticed and if you went back to the standard 2 midi cables if there was any difference in performance between the two?

• I am getting an FCB1010 to use with my KPA and am leaning to getting the Eurekaprom for it. I saw the MidiMizer accessory on their site and wonder if anyone
    here uses or has tried one. If so, how well does it work? Are there any glitches that you noticed and if you went back to the standard 2 midi cables if there was any difference in performance between the two?

Hi, as far as I can tell, it's just a way to eliminate having two midi cables running from the in and out of the Kemper and into the FCB. It instead replaces those long cables with a single CAT5 cable. There will be no improvement in midi performance.

That said, the company that makes that gear is extremely reliable, from what I have gathered.

• Thanks for the interest in MIDIMizer. Its been a big hit.

'nightlight' is correct - it does a physical conversion from 5-pin MIDI to RJ-45.
    So instead of two specialized MIDI cables, you can use just one of the more common, and less expensive, cat5/ethernet cables.
    Cat5/Ethernet cables are designed for much higher data rate than MIDI, so performance remains the same.

Yes, I'm not a big fan of MIDI cables. (or any cables for that matter... stay tuned for MIDIMizer-Wireless, currently in test...)
    EurekaSound.com