toaster and remote....send MIDI?

• hey guys.... looking for a quick answer (s)..... as I did do a real quick look in the manual and didn't see anything.....

so, question- 1 Can I use the toaster and the profile to send MIDI "OUT" to another device to trigger on and off effects with the remote buttons?

question 2 can we change the lover 5 buttons on the remote to switch "blocks" on and off... and NOT "slots"?

thanks....

Steve

• 1) The Remote can send up to two MIDI PC messages each time a Performance Slot is selected.

2) No. switches 1-5 cannot switch effects on/off. But, in addition to using the four FX switches to turn on/off KPA FX, you can connect external switches to the Remote, and use them to switch KPA FX slots on/off.

great... ok.... ill keep looking in the manual.... just didnt want to to go down a empty rabbit hole:)

• It sometimes appears, that users are looking for a higher number of buttons to switch effects on/off than the number of Effects Modules there are.

The Profiler offers 8 Effect Modules. The question is, is there any Rig where it is meaningful to switch on/off each of these Modules individually incl. Reverb. The Remote offers 4 Effect Buttons, but each of these buttons could switch multiple Modules simultaneously (also inversely) and each of their assignments could vary by Rig. This should be sufficient to exhaust the practical "sound" possibilities of any Rig.

Don't forget, that the Rig Buttons could be used to trigger Morphing, when hit subsequently. If you set Rise Time and Fall Time of Morphing to 0 and morph just the Mix of Effects, this would be similar to switching effects on/off.

And the Remote allows to connect additional Dual Switches, which could assume additional switching functions globally.

• Here is what I'm trying to figure out. I like Fractal effects... no haters...lol... I just know them well

Im wanting the KPA and the remote to send CC or PC commands to the FX8 ... and yea... I'm having a hard time figuring it out...lol

• Here is what I'm trying to figure out. I like Fractal effects... no haters...lol... I just know them well

Im wanting the KPA and the remote to send CC or PC commands to the FX8 ... and yea... I'm having a hard time figuring it out...lol

The Remote cannot send CC messages.

The good news is:
    Each Performance Slot can send up to 2 PC messages on up to 2 MIDI channels. Details on how to do this can be found in the KPA manuals.