Speaker Cable Required for Monitor out into Amp FX Return?

• Hey guys,

I love my Kemper but she does get a bit drowned out in rehearsal by the drummer, so I've started using the FX return of my Orange Dark Terror as a tube power amp, it works and sounds incredible, plus, if for some reason my Kemper ever goes down live, I've got a great tube amp to serve as backup- perfect.

My only question is do I need to use a speaker cable to run from the 'Monitor Out' of the Kemper into the 'FX Loop Return' of the Orange? I obviously know I need to use a speaker cable to connect the Orange to my cab, but I'm uncertain as to wether or not I should be using one from the Kemper, as it would need one normally if it were to go to a cab.

Any insight would be hugely appreciated!

Cheers!

• You will probably want to use the "monitor cab off" function so that the monitor out doesn't include the cabinet emulation for the monitor send to the Orange. The main outs would still carry the full signal, including cabinet, to your main speaker. The manual covers this pretty well under the 'Output/Master Button' section on page 18.