Stupid question, need help

• HI I did something stupid. I loaded a USB stick with 11K rigs and attempted to import them. That of course stopped at 1000, I was honestly going to try each one to pick out the best ones and just keep them. Well, I was able to successfully import 1000 profiles. I went through all of them marking down the ones I planned to keep. I formatted a new stick, copied my profiles to the SHARED folder, inserted it into the profiler, as I had planned to replace everything with my new profiles. It won't let me just import the profiles, how can I clear out the stored profiles quickly? Do I have to use rig manager for this?

Thanks.

• One easy way (assuming you haven't made 1000 favourites ;) is to go to the system menu page 17 of 18 and press the soft button "erase non favorites"

Rig Manager would work too.

• Thank you for the reply, it worked like a charm. Deleted all 1000 profiles and loaded up 550 of the highest rated ones, then I went through every one of them and adjusted the rig volume so they would all be nearly identical. When I bounced between them if one was louder or softer than the others I just adjusted the rig volume knob, then hit save and overwrote the original patch.

Now I just need to work more with setting up performances, I have not tried it yet. Since I play in a metal band, a classic rock band and a latin jazz band I need a lot of different sounds and profiles, also I switch from 6 string solid body electrics to 7 string, to acoustic, to large hollow body jazz guitars and also I play bass as well so the 550 profiles while they may seem excessive, it's just about right.

Before the KPA, I used a Digitech 1101 with only 100 patches for guitar, and I felt I was limited in what I played, now there are no limitations, this is the best equipment decision I have made in my musical career without a doubt. I would scream it from the rooftops if I could, "I LOVE MY KEMPER!!!" They should come up with T-Shirts...

• then I went through every one of them and adjusted the rig volume so they would all be nearly identical. When I bounced between them if one was louder or softer than the others I just adjusted the rig volume knob, then hit save and overwrote the original patch.

New Kemper owner here. So I would just adjust the rig volume to make sure my rigs are all the same volume and use the master volume which controls all the rigs for playing live? That makes sure one isnt lower than the other when switching correct?

• That's about it...yes.
    One thing to consider is the maximum master output level to the mixing board. Most people here keep it somewhere around -15dB or so.

There's a -12dB soft switch on the KPA somewhere...I think it's in the output section.

• That's about it...yes.
    One thing to consider is the maximum master output level to the mixing board. Most people here keep it somewhere around -15dB or so.

There's a -12dB soft switch on the KPA somewhere...I think it's in the output section.

is it good to check rig output with headphones or would the best option to balance your rigs be to use speakers?

• I do one simple quick level over my small speakers ( I don't use headphones much) and then do it again at or close to gig volume in my practice room. (Essential for getting a tone that works in a gig mix.....you need less bass and treble as you play louder...Fletcher-Munson.....look it up if you are not aware of it.)
    Some folks even use a dB meter or look at the level on their DAW.
    Whatever works for you. There's lots of discussion about all this on the board from many much smarter than I ;)