How to configure Wah pedal booster?

• Hi to all,

tried to set up the Wah Pedal Booster but didn't get it to work.

I have one volume pedal (Mission GP1-KP) connected to the remote. "WahPedal > Vol." (page 5 wihin sytem menue) is activated.

I placed the WAH Volume Booster in the X-Slot, activated it and was expecting my volume pedal to control the wah pedal booster. But it doesn't so. If the WAH pedal booster is engaged the signal is boosted but the volume pedal is still working as a volume pedal (tuner starts if pedal is in heel position). Means i can't control the boost level of the wah pedal booster with my volume pedal.

If i put the WAH into the X-Slot and activate the Slot my volume pedal controls the wah as expected.

Did i get something wrong with that Wah pedal booster?

• But i configured the expression pedal as a wah pedal.....

Wait a second... I activated the "WahPedal>Vol".... And maybe that's the point... I deactivate "WahPedal>Vol"...
    Okay, now the pedal works as expected and controls the Wah Pedal Booster.

But what a bummer.... But doesn't matter. I use the Wah Pedal Booster for getting a thicker tone and not for volume control so the parameters for the Wah Pedal Booster are static...

On the other hand: may this be a reasonable feature request? To have an expression pedal configured as wah pedal with WahPedal>Vol engaged and it would handle the Wah Pedal Booster the same way as a Wah?

• Sorry, you are confusing things. If your expression pedal is configured as Wah Pedal and any Wah effect is activated e. g. WahPedal Booster, the expression pedal will control that effect regardless if "WahPedal >Volume" is activated or not. "WahPedal >Volume" only takes effect and makes a difference, while no Wah effect is active.

The Reference Manual explains all this in great detail AND there are video tutorials dedicated to this subject. So I guess, there is no reason to speculate and get confused.

• Hallo Burkart,

I looked into the reference manual and checked the video tutorial und checked all my settings on the kemper but Wah pedal booster doesn't do what as it is supposed. As i described, if a Wah pedal booster is in a rig, volume is taken down if i step on the expression pedal. If i uncheck "wah to volume" only the Wah pedal booster is affected from the expression pedal actions.

I can confirm this if i look into sytem menue page 5 (Pedal Links)
    If a Wah stomp is in the rig only the bar "Wah (CC01)" is moving whe i step on the expression pedal
    If a Wahl pedal booster is in the rig "Wah (CC01)" and "Volume (CC07)" are both moving.
    And as said earlier the expressionpedal is configured as Wah pedal an option "WahPedal >Vol" is checked

Which things do you thing i am confusing? Maybe because i wrote about a volume pedal in my frist post? That was missleading. This "volume pedal" is an expression pedal...

Edited 2 times, last by psagmajor ().

• Yes, I see, there is a flaw. Wah Pedal Booster when activated doesn't suppress the Volume Pedal function as it should, while Wah Pedal to Volume is selected. Reported to engineering. Thanks!!!