Always weird sound in my profiles

• Been trying to make a profile, and I feel like I’m always getting this weird “cocked wah” sound in the midrange that I don’t hear when just recorded mic’d. It’s like the Kemper is picking up some frequency and enhancing it and it’s something in the midrange that makes it abrasive and annoying and I can’t dial it out.

Don’t know what I’m doing wrong, tried different mic’s (SM57, e906, PR-30) so that’s not it. I’ve tried not to use any tubescreamers because that just seems to make it worse. Cabinet is a Traynor 4x12 with chinese v30s, amp is from Peters amplification. Nothing else in the chain.

Again, when I make a recording just mic’d it sounds fine to me but the same setup profiled through the Kemper doesn’t sound right. Is there a setting I’m missing here? Kemper was brand new and I’ve changed no default settings.

Thanks for any help as it’s driving me nuts. Do some amps just not profile well? Or is it the speaker?

• Some amps don't profile well. Such as those that use both preamp and power amp for distortion.

Can you post some comparison clips?

Ok I’ll do that tomorrow, that would definitely help to show what’s going on. This is a high gain amp so yes a ton of preamp distortion, but I do put the master around 3-4 to get the poweramp in there.