random loss of volume

• for about the last 6 shows (over the past 3 months), my kemper will suddenly loose about 70% of it's volume. This happens randomly. I have noticed it when using different guitars, different guitar cables, headphone out and main outs. It is across all rigs and all settings. To fix the problem, I simply have to restart the kemper. I don't think it happened until I updated to IOS 5.4. I just updated to the latest operating system today in the hopes that it'll solve the problem. Has anyone else had this problem? Know of a solution?

• With the recent heatwaves, did you play in very hot venues? The Kemper has some overheating protection, though I think it should turn it off instead of reducing volume. Could be a heat symptom though.

Vortech - Finnish Industrial Death Metal since 2000

• it actually happened in my living room once after 5 minutes of playing and listening through the headphone jack... I have a non-powered rack. It doesn't seem like it'd be a overheating issue.

• If such an issue happens, please try to further narrow in:

Perhaps it has something to do with Volume Pedal. If you have linked Volume Pedal to Wah Pedal (WahPedal to Volume), and switch from a Rig without an active wah effect to another with an active wah effect, while Wah Pedal rests at heel, the signal would normally be completely muted and you had no pedal to crank volume up, as the pedal is the Wah Pedal right now. In that obviously unintended case the PROFIELR defaults to 25% level of Volume Pedal. The page Pedal Links in System Settings displays the levels of the four pedal controllers and you find four soft knobs to simulate those four controllers.

Check your output volume levels. Where is the volume level of the outputs used?

Check if this is a Rig specific issue.

• When it happens it doesn't matter if I switch rigs, the volume stays down until I reboot. Good news is it didn't happen at my show last night, which was my first gig using the newest operating system. Hopefully it was some weird bug that's resolved with the update? I do have 1 rig I use that doesn't have a wah assigned - making my pedal a volume pedal. I'll go ahead and assign a wah to eliminate that as an issue.