Rig manager Performance Slots not copying the profiles correctly

• Im a new user , i had an Axe Fx previously.

Im using Rig manager which i am really disappointed with, in comparison to the Axe Fx software.

My main issue is when i copy sounds from my profiles, they arent the same in the performance area, different gains, some fxs are off , boost and compressors not there etc and this is really strange.

Have to say the Kemper sounds great but the rig manager software is pretty poor

• From your description it does not sound like a genuine Rig Manager problem but more like a misunderstanding in regards to how the PROFILER works when loading rigs from the browse pool into a performance.
    Perform and Browse mode each have their own lock settings. If you load a rig from the browse pool into a performance all the locks that were set in browse mode will be invalid. If you had locked certain effects in browse mode they will appear to be "lost" in perform mode.
    To prevent this make sure to store the rigs in browse mode before you attempt to load them into perform mode. That way you can ensure that the effects and stomps are really a part of the rig and not just locked instances.
    Differences in gain could be caused by a different setting of the distortion sense parameter in the input section which is locked by default in browse mode and unlocked by default in perform mode.

• Also in relation to performances RM is full of hard to replicate bugs. I love it for browsing rigs but I don't find it useful for managing performances. Do that on the profiler for now.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• i have tried to modify in the Rig Software b ut it is not replicated in the Kemper even with the setting at browser.

I have managed the rig in the kemper and this doesnt seem to now align with the rig software.

The sound loads and it previews in the browser mode but it seems that the performance mode does not automatically align with the changes with the software.

This is pretty poor as far as i can tell

• The Rig Manager has no editing capabilities because it is just a librarian. When you double click a rig in the Rig Manager it is transferred into the edit buffer of the PROFILER. Any changes that you apply to the rig in that state need to be stored to make them permanent.

• Also in relation to performances RM is full of hard to replicate bugs. I love it for browsing rigs but I don't find it useful for managing performances. Do that on the profiler for now.

we do not have any reports from users about effects not being present when a rig or performance is transferred from the Rig Manager to the PROFILER or any changes in rig settings like gain.

• OK so you cant actually manage the rigs in the rig software, there is no facility to upload the set up to the kemper module .

this seems very strange , surely the rig manager should manage the rig .

Suggest you check out the Fractul Software ,

• USB connection issue between computer and profiler?

• OK so you cant actually manage the rigs in the rig software, there is no facility to upload the set up to the kemper module .

this seems very strange , surely the rig manager should manage the rig .

Suggest you check out the Fractul Software ,

Of course you can transfer the rigs and performances from the Rig Manager to the PROFILER. I cannot see where i said something different in my post. The Fractal software is an Editor that allows you to tweak the actual settings of a rig. The Rig Manager does not offer this functionality. It is only meant to organise your library of rigs and performances, edit tags and build performances.Please read the Rig Manager manual that you can access through the help menu to get a better understanding on how it works.

• we do not have any reports from users about effects not being present when a rig or performance is transferred from the Rig Manager to the PROFILER or any changes in rig settings like gain.

True - but sometimes you get the "Crunch" profile instead of the one you meant. This could explain that behavior.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• If you experience odd behaviour like that in the Rig Manager please use the "provide Rig Manager feedback" option in the help menu to report it. This will help our developers to fix it.

I have tried to find a reproducible pattern but will try again. I bet if you spend 10 minutes on PC with the profiler connected, reordering, copy pasting, maybe saving on the profiler, renaming performances you stumble upon something. Reproducing is another thing :). But I'll try too as said.

• I have tried to find a reproducible pattern but will try again. I bet if you spend 10 minutes on PC with the profiler connected, reordering, copy pasting, maybe saving on the profiler, renaming performances you stumble upon something. Reproducing is another thing :). But I'll try too as said.

Did a quick 2 minute video and found 1-2 bugs:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

At first I do a few sorts which _seem_ to work (haven't checked if the profiler was correctly updated).

Then at 0:25 I copy (notice "copy") "Blow up the outside world" position 5 to 12 after which a sort action triggers a weird redraw and then the original slot 5 performance is missing from the original position (I did not "cut"). It goes directly from 4 to 6.

Then I try to reload RM and after it has reloaded there is an empty spot in slot 5.

Very easy to trigger errors like this. Will store the backup and try again.

• The disappearing slot can be reproduced but only if you drag and drop a little bit in between. Will file a report as well.

On PC the "Provide rig manager feedback" menu item only opens my browser. No link is loaded. I guess that is another bug - quite ironic.

• The problem you are showing in your video has nothing to do with the issue that the original poster is describing.
    Please report findings like these using the feedback function if you want to help fixing it.
    The provide feedback function should open your email client.
    If it does not work on your PC please use the standard contact form on the website and report that problem too.

• No - not that particular bug that I found after 2 minutes no.

I have reported both using https://www.kemper-amps.com/contact.

Who is using an email client in 2018 btw :)

Nikolaj

• This is an older post, but I'm having the same problem. I created the performance with RM, but even on the Kemper itself, without RM, I copy slot one (a Michael Britt C Ton SRV profile) to slot two, then when I hit the slot two pedal or tab over to it, it's the 'Crunch' profile.

• This is an older post, but I'm having the same problem. I created the performance with RM, but even on the Kemper itself, without RM, I copy slot one (a Michael Britt C Ton SRV profile) to slot two, then when I hit the slot two pedal or tab over to it, it's the 'Crunch' profile.

you need to store the performance before you can use the Remote or MIDI to switch between slots.