Just got a Powered Kemper Head + Remote second-hand. Updated the firmware, but noticed a few issues when using the main out through a BOSE L1 Compact PA:
1. the highs were very unpleasant at higher volumes (enough to play over dums), although I set them up at a reasonably high volume (about 50% of what would be necessary to play with a drummer)
2. the BOSE had way more high end than a regular guitar cab (with a Celestion 70/80, which is a bright speaker)
3. same with unpleasant highs when using headphones
4. when using the monitor out vs the main out in the BOSE, the monitor had tons more highs and was unplayable
1. Monitor output EQ and Main output EQ are identical, unchanged
2. Rig EQs were stock (MBritt profiles, clean and medium gain)
3. All profiles sound brilliant at medium volumes on the guitar cab and the BOSE (except for headphones, those are just piercingly high), but once I crank up the PA volume the highs go crazy. With the guitar speaker it's just normal... what I'm used to
4. I play a Tele
5. Monitor cab simulation is on for outputs when using the PA
I have a gig on Friday, and I'm not sure of how to set things up so that it doesn't sound horrible.
What am I missing?
Thanks in advance