How to emulate the automatic double track effect?

• The problem with having a fixed setting for the delay is that it doesn't modulate, which is what pedals like the Mimiq do: it modulates the delay as well as micro-tuning.

I once got a reasonable result from a Source Audio programmable wah. Just set it to play a random LFO. Then created morphs for delay timing and the micro pitch effects. The only problem was that every now and then there would be phasing issues. A lot of people experience that with the Mimiq as well.

That said, using an ADT pedal in the Kemper loop is definitely worthwhile. Here's a video I did showing how it can really make the tone of a single guitar sound polished.

Here is a short clip I did comparing a Mimiq to a Strymon Deco. The effect can be quite dramatic, especially if you take the time to dial in your setting.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.