Lead Delay / Reverb settings

• I'm having a hard time dialling in a decent lead delay setting. Running stereo, so I tried the dual delay; but it just sounds a bit 'tinny' and not right somehow. We play mostly classic rock covers, so I'm trying to get something in that ball-park.

I have it set so that the morph feature increases delay mix and feedback, and also increases reverb level - but it just doesn't sound right to me, no matter what I do with the delay settings..

As I'm the only guitarist, I need something to fill out the solo sound a bit; any suggestions on what to do and any decent delay / reverb settings you can suggest?

• Frankly, you got tons of options there , I'd suggest browsing the delay presets from the official rig delay pack, lock the one you prefer and then switch to your favorite lead profile keeping this lock engaged. The tape delays are fantastic for classic rock.

If you use the spring verb, there is lots of taming , so I'd suggest using the lead booster or a real pedal in front ( that's what I do)

• For classic rock/one guitar, I'd go for a short reverb that just adds some (invisible) space around your guitar tone. Making the guitar sound wide, but not really reverb'y. This applies to both rhythm and solo playing. For lead's - especially if there's no other guitarist doing rhythm "during the meanwhilst" - I like stereo delays with like a 2/16th or 4/16th on the one side and a 3/16th on the other (if you're going stereo to FOH). Then, reduce the frequency spectrum of the echos radically, something like 200Hz-2000Hz.

As an example, just grab one of my Marshall 6100 Ch2 profiles and copy away the FX section into the profile of your choice. Search the Rig Exchange for "RiF-30th Ch2" or check out this thread:

Free Marshall 6100 (30th Anniv.) / V30, T75 / SM57, e906 / BAE 1073MP profiles for dirty rock

• I'm using the Friedman BE100 profile from BM profiles and they have put some good reverb and delay settings for lead playing. They might fatten up that tone for you?

Try the Dual Delay with 25.6% mix, 4/16 for note val 1, 3/16 for note val 2. Feedback 38%, Low Cut 105.2Hz, High Cut 6574Hz, Stereo 101%, Cross Fade 5.1, Modulation 1.4, Flutter Rate 5.0

Hall Rev with 13.6% mix, Time 3.6, Damp 5.4, Predelay 81ms, Bandwidth 2.0, Freq -1.5, Vol -1.1

It sounds great as a lead for me. See what you think.