The Kemper Foot Controller: What's important to you?

• Very good points and suggestions!

• And here is my idea for a controller :D

Features:
    - 48,5cm wide (rackspace) and 21cm high (5xRackspace, as high as the KPA) with rack mount holes
    - 8 fully programmable 12mm switches with status LED's (for program change, module on off, invert, start, stop or whatever else is possible over midi) the upper four can be used as function keys for programming the controller
    - 2 switches 12mm for bank up and down
    - Display (same size like the KPA display, and it could show the same)
    - Volume/Wah pedal with status LED's

hope you like it :thumbup:

my current Gear: Custom Strat´s (Konstinger Ultimate Guitars), VoVox Cables, KPA, Custom Floor Board, Line6 G50 Wireless, Sennheiser IN Ear, Motu Ultralite mk3, Genelec 1030A, Neumann TLM 103, Apple Audio/Video Stuff

• I would like a form factor similar to the MFC-101. Either IAs for all 8 fx blocks or enough assignable IAs for all 8 Fx blocks, bank up/down, tuner/tap. Plus a Switch IA for switching between preset mode and fx mode.

• You can already do that with the MFC, GCP, Midi Raider, All Access.... Why should they do the x-copy of the same concept? The product is already on the market.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Keep in mind that the GCP has 5 buttons in width, and that thing is 43cm wide. If yours is only 33cm wide, you're cramming each button about 1.67cm closer than the GCP - more than 1/2" closer for the 'mercans (Americans)

Looks like your button density and spacing is about equal to the new Liquid Foot models. They have 4 buttons across 11 inches. Equally that's 2.2 inches per button (if equally spaced). Add a 5th button is like adding 2.2in more. So 11in + 2.2in = 13.2in which is 33.5cm. Assuming equal spacing on the ends too, which does't have to be the case.

Just curious, have you printed your template out and put it on the floor to see if you like the spacing?

• ok, why not: here's my take:

most important to me: size 34 x 17 cm, a perfect fit for the front-pouch of the namba bag.

up, down, 4 presets, 4 instant access

now:

"A/B"
    -> switch IA-bank from pre to post - fx.
    -> hold for, dunno, favourite stomp preset??

"tap"
    -> easy: tap tempo
    -> hold for tuner

"+"
    -> selectable boost. (still to be announced!) should be buried in the rig menu. just up to 10 db boost on the overall volume.
    -> hold for, hmmm, sth. left. how about making the preset select buttons a control for a looper...? pleeaaase!

the optional expression pedal is just there for fun. but when you're at it: please make it with a switch to go from volume to wah/expression...
    maybe some genius could think of a good click-in something, so both crowds could be happy - with or without pedal... ;)

so, the letters could be transparent and shimmering in the colour of the (bypassed) fx behind it, while the led just shines when enabled. or skip the leds and just go for different brightness when enabled...?

erm, and the switches could be smoother than the mfc-ones... no agression needed for tap tempo... ;)

Edited once, last by kilihahn ().

• made some minor layout-changes due to feedback on the facebook-group...

still rather basic approach:

pre/post switches the instant access-buttons between stomps & post-stack fx
    + is hopefully a future solo-boost tool
    tap is now better located. hold for tuner...

uh yes, and i skipped the extra leds. i'm hoping for the more streamlined colored shining letters... ;)

[Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8557148/fotos/_transfer/temporary/KFC_b.jpg]

Edited 3 times, last by kilihahn ().

• Looks good kilihahn, I like the layout. The only thing I didn't like about the C2 was the control switch was to close to the tuner. Sometimes when I went for a solo i'd hit the tuner. That sucks!!!

Anyway lookin' good

• Ya something small like that would be good! A good size LCD to read the tuner, and of course being powered by the KPA itself, so no extra power supply is needed,

Yeah sure, and full integration with KPA, this is the reason I've included RJ45 slot

kilihahn
    Looks nice :thumbup:

Here's should be a slight modified version of mine, that includes as you can see lights for tuner in "tuner mode", and big white color letters, that has great visibility in blue screen, even from long distance.

I usually prefer the switches to have one function for clear and immediate access, especially for live use, but it could be nice a second function assignable by the user,in any switch, depending on users' needs. Let's say for ex. pressing continuously for 2 sec the A/B switch should be in "tuner mode".

[Blocked Image: http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7748/midicontuner.jpg]

Edited once, last by grorig ().