Stereo Widener

• Hi all,

Is anyone using the Stereo Widener block when you're running in stereo...? If so, what settings are you using?

Just curious to find a way to thicken up my guitar sound live, as I'm the only guitarist in my bands.

• I tried this with just the basic setting that comes up. It appealed to me because this method sums to mono without phase issues. However, every time I gave it a go, the sound became loaded on one side and that is particularly noticeable on in ears.

The method of putting a 30ms delay on one and direct signal on the other also makes the guitar seem to originate more from one side. On top of that it introduces comb filtering. In the end I went for direct signal down the middle and a stereo delay with 15ms one side and 30ms the other. That is blended at mix 50% to slightly fatten the sound - no feedback or modulation. You can experiment with the stereo setting of the delay and take it beyond 100% too.

The ideal solution would be for Kemper to bring us a TC Mimiq type effect. I already use the loop, so cannot put one in my loop as it stands.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7