1.08 Noise Gate Issue

• Hey guys -

Just wondering if anyone out there is experiencing new issues with the Noise Gate since moving to 1.08.

I don't like using the NG much, and up until now....I would keep the setting VERY low, just basically a small amount to activate the NG, hardly anything.

Now, for my exact same profiles and patches I find that I have to crank up the NG to over half way to achieve the same noise reduction. Otherwise the sound/hiss/noise is very audible. And of course, the higher you turn it up .... the more it effects your tone in my opinion.

I may have to go back to 1.07 - this one is a bit frustrating.

Anyone else experience this same thing...or something similar in regards to the NG?

Thanks,
    J

• I didn't notice this, but will check it out tomorrow. I still think the noise gate is very far from acceptable, I find it more of a problem than a useful thing, really. I can't get a noiseless high gain tone that I simply could on a cheap Line 6 Pod...

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• For high gain and OD sounds I found out that the input sense of the clean input influences the noisegate. Voor high gain sound I set the clean input to 10 and that works very well. I don't know why.... :?: