Headphone and master volume level?

• Good morning,

I am trying a Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm headphones with my kemper head no power.

At my home with my FRFR 108 I use to set master volume level at -10 dB, with FRFR volume set to 2/10 and it works great for me (very loud and clear in my room).
    This Kemper Master volume settings works pretty well also with the iPhone heaphones I have used so far.

Now with my new heaphones I noticed that I have to increase the Master volume of the Kemper to 0 dB to have a decent volume (I think this is due to the higher impedance of the headphones).

On the other hand, when I turn on my FRFR 108 it is too high.

What do you think about my settings? There is a way to unlink the master volume to the main output and Headphone output?

Many thanks!

• I think this is due to the higher impedance of the headphones

Impedance is not everything, and there are HPs with a much higher nominal impedance value than yours (600 ohm). There's also sensitivity, that measures exactly the SPL produced by a speaker with a given input.
    Anyway, check if the Headphone Volume value offsets the Master Volume's: they might not be unison, and since the offset is kept while operating the Master knob you might not be reaching the maximum value when turning it all its way up.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

Edited once, last by pippopluto ().