1- 2x12 or 2-1x12's with Kemper Kone?

• I have 2 1x12 cabs ans a empty Dr. Z 2x12 cab. I received my 2 Kemper Kone speakers and I am about to load them. Any thoughts on which will sound best? The Dr. Z is closed back. The 1x12's are open and closed back. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

• I was pondering a similar situation, two 2x12's or one 4x12. I'd definitely go the dr Z 2x12, it will sound much better for anything with gain or hi gain, they're a solid unit.

The cabinet is going to be as important as it would be with any other speaker in creating the sound your looking for

I'm going for 2 custom 2x12's, but I'd definitely pick up a dr z cab if I came across one, not too common in Aus though

• The Kabinet is closed back, I think I remember that there was a reason for the closed back. Now the 212 is the way I would go since that can be wired for both 4 and 8 ohm amps. For me personally, I have an amp that is not compatible with 4 ohm so the 212 is required to get the 8 ohm I would need. Not sure what you have for a power amp but that might affect your choice as well.

Now on the other hand if you have a stereo 4 ohm power amp you could get a real nice stereo setup.

• I have the Powered Kemper and I will try the 2x12 Dr. Z. The one thing I like about having the 2 1x12's is the ability to spread the cabs apart for a very wide sound, but the Dr. Z cab should sound really nice too. I will let you know how it works out. Thanks