Performance mode & effects

• I have read and watched videos but cannot find an answer to a seemingly simple question. When coping rigs to performance mode, the FX don't come with the rigs. Is that normal? If so, I cannot understand why. I want to take sounds how they are in the browser,put them in performance mode and have them just like in the browser fx, settings and all. Should be simple but if I have to redo the FX in every performance I'm better off just using browse mode live. I can't get my head around the naming function either. When changing slots it should have the rig you're choosing in BIG letters ,not the name of the performance.(or "crunch" etc.) I had high hopes for performance mode but right now it seems my old GSP1101 & control 2 had way better readout to know what is going on.

• If you dial the BROWSE knob, while you are in Performance Mode you normally load complete Rigs and these include the complete signal chain.

I can imagine two scenarios:

Either you have locked the modules A-D and X-REV, so that only the stack section changes when you load another Rig. Press LOCK in order to check what is locked.

Or you have opened the stack section upfront and therefor use "selective browse", just selecting and loading the stack section from the Rigs in your browse pool.

Just load a Slot in a Performance and dial BROWSE.

The mechanics around Performance Name, Slot Name, and Rig Name are explained in the MAin MAnual and also in a support FAQ on our web-page.

For the display of Remote and Stage you can chose between two display formats. Onme shows Perforfmance Name and Rig Name large and five Slot Names small. The other shows the modules int he signal chain plus Performance Name large and the five Slot Names small. You can chose in System Settings.

• Hi, Dynochrome,

FX don't come with the rigs.

It sounds like you have the FX block locked preventing the effects from being copied from the rig to the performance. Read about the lock button in the

Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides

Performance Mode Display.

If you have the Remote, you can change the display for Performances on the Remote

Press the System button

Navigate to page 12/18

Toggle the first soft button to switch between the two layouts.

• I am still struggling with rig names in Performance mode. How can I get the actual rig name that is loaded to display and not whatever rig was first put into the slot.
    So, if I am setting up a Performance for the studio with the sounds of a Boogie I have profiled, when I am bringing different profiles of my Boogie in and out of the slots, only the name of the first one that is brought into the slot sticks. When I change to a different Boogie profile, the name in the slot is not the current one loaded into the slot. Using the knob to browse amps only shots the last amp in the list and not the amp that is loaded.
    This makes it s almost impossible to quickly know what profile I actually have loaded into the slot. These profiles are all subtly different.

Why does the unit insist on keeping the name of the first rig imported into the slot? How do I get it to display the actual current rig. I am sure I must be doing something wrong or missing a display setting somewhere.

• I suggested the manual and related FAQ. This is from the Main Manual:

It helps to assign meaningful names to Performances and Slots. Depending on how you want to organize your sounds, Performances and Slots could, for example, carry names of songs and musical scenes, or amplifiers and amp channels. Be aware that as long as the Slot Name is identical to that of the loaded Rig, Slot Name will be automatically updated as soon as another Rig is loaded into that Slot. But if you have entered a Slot Name different to the Rig Name (for example “Solo”), it will stay untouched if you load another Rig into that Slot. However, there is a function called “Use Rig Name” on the Rename Slot screen, which allows you to reset Slot Name to Rig Name.

• Cheers for the quick reply. I must be doing something wrong then as this does not seem to be happening or updating when I put a new profile into a slot.

I am not renaming anything, just changing the profiles in the slots. Will keep trying.
    Thanks.

• The reason must be, that the initial Slot Name deviates from the name of the initial Rig. So the logical assumption is, that you have entered a given Slot Name, don't want to see the Rig Name as Slot Name. Therefor the system keeps the given Slot Name while you select another Rig.

Press Edit, Slot Settings, Rename Slot, Use Rig Name to reaalign Slot Name with Rig Name. As long as both names are identical, Slot Name will automatically follow Rig Name if you load another Rig as the logic assums, you want to see Rig Name as Slot Name.

• I have tried rig manager, just like in the video. I select, copy a rig from the unit's presets, then paste them in the slot. The FX don't come with and they are not locked.

I haven't tried building performances from the head. I prefer to work in rig manager if possible and I definitely have to study up & understand about the naming thing. It keeps sticking in things like "crunch" where I don't want them but I'll absorb what you said above when I try again.

It really should be a lot easier than this to get what you want. It should be just drag and copy to the performance and have everything including rig name in there with the ability to easily rename and see it large in the footswitch display. I'm no stranger to interfaces like rig manager, I have used them for several units since about 1998 and have never had the troubles I do with rig manager.

Another thing I don't understand about rig manager is when building a performance with the head's (not local) performances opened,at what point and how do I save? Do you have to push the save button on the head or is there a button that saves the performances to the rig?

If there was detailed information about building performances with rig manager, I'd love to read it .

If I missed it, I apologize I don't mind reading.. I will rescan the main manual. I must have overlooked the controller display thing.

I'm just wondering how many people just use browse mode live with a footswitch. Almost seems easier although I do see benefit to grouping rigs as long as it works easily.

• Performance Mode Display.

If you have the Remote, you can change the display for Performances on the Remote

Press the System button

Navigate to page 12/18

Toggle the first soft button to switch between the two layouts.

Can someone tell me where to find this in the manual? I have searched The main manual, remote quick start and Quick start for head and "Performance Mode Display" Is not found anywhere in them.

• I have tried rig manager, just like in the video. I select, copy a rig from the unit's presets, then paste them in the slot. ...

Rigs are not presets and vice verse. You cannot select Rigs from the units pool of presets.

Chapter "Performance Mode" of Main Manual explains the basic work flow in Performance Mode on just three pages.

Other than that .. have you followed my hint and checked, what is locked in your PROFILER in Performance Mode?

• When I wrote "unit's presets" I meant preset rigs in "my profiler" I'm used to calling them presets. The manual explains it for the head/rack but not the rig manager that I can find. I watched the video but it leaves a lot of questions. Like in rig manager do you have to have the head set on performance mode to edit / create performances?

I know nothing is locked in browse but no I have not checked performance mode, but I will when I get home.

• The reason must be, that the initial Slot Name deviates from the name of the initial Rig. So the logical assumption is, that you have entered a given Slot Name, don't want to see the Rig Name as Slot Name. Therefor the system keeps the given Slot Name while you select another Rig.

Press Edit, Slot Settings, Rename Slot, Use Rig Name to reaalign Slot Name with Rig Name. As long as both names are identical, Slot Name will automatically follow Rig Name if you load another Rig as the logic assums, you want to see Rig Name as Slot Name.

Yes, that is correct. I only want to se rig names In the slots. I have been adding these profiles into empty performances. I have never touched the slot name.

• I didn't think perform and browse mode each have their own lock settings. So when you press LOCK it shows you what is locked? I don't remember seeing a list of what is locked/unlocked but I will look again. Do you have to hold lock down or just tap it?

• It's in the section on Remote Settings

• "If you dial the BROWSE knob, while you are in Performance Mode you normally load complete Rigs and these include the complete signal chain"

Just wondering if that also includes the morphing that you have set up on that rig?

• "If you dial the BROWSE knob, while you are in Performance Mode you normally load complete Rigs and these include the complete signal chain"

Just wondering if that also includes the morphing that you have set up on that rig?

It does for me (Profiler with Remote). Have you tried it?

• Hi, Dynochrome.

I've found it most productive to read the manuals and watch the videos with the Kemper close by. That way, I can try things as soon as I have a question. It's helpful to translate the text to actions and outcomes immediately and confirm what I've read.

• I agree. I am no stranger to absorbing manuals. I have been into the manuals for about two weeks now. Some things are not always laid out in the way that makes sense to everyone. I always try to look before I ask. I'm going to review all the help I received today and try some remedies.