Profile to get "Lay It Down" / "Morning After" type of sound

• I'm looking for a profile that can get the guitar sound of the opening riffs of Lay It Down and Morning After. This sound doesn't have much grain or fuzz or crunch or buzz. Usually people have too much fuzzy breakup when trying to cop this tone.

Anyone know of a profile that can get close to this sound?

• Like this?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• http://www.woodytone.com/2010/…n-demartini-gear-rundown/

Rumor is you had a grail [Marshall] plexi that you used to keep fans on in the studio because the plate voltage was so high. It supposedly blew every few hours. Is that true?

It is true. It’s a mid/late ’70s 100-watt. I used that amp on Invasion – I bought it just after the Out of the Cellar tour and before the Invasion of Your Privacy album. I used that plexi head with another, and on most of Dancing Undercover.

• Any of us Warren fans know the short list of gear he's associated with - what I'm looking for is specific profiles.

I downloaded the Laney AOR profiles referenced above and to my ear they are nowhere near to my ear - a bit shrill. Thanks for the pointer though, I do appreciate it. I have some Laney profiles by Burt Meulendijk that I think are better Laney profiles. Also checked out the BHP free sample pack, which has a Soldano Ratt profile - not a bad sounding profile - will check out BHP - am a subscriber of Michael Nielson's youtube channel.

(I personally believe Warren used Marshall (not a plexi) on the EP and first album, and a Super Champ. The producer of OOTC says the Marshall head used was a JCM800 and both guitarists tracked with the same Marshall. But, Warren sounds like Warren regardless of gear used.)