ReAmpZone - VX100 Super Kraken Profiles

• Well, I found myself in a rather unique position after recently returning to kemper.

During my absence, it turns out that I sold an amp to MrMental himself which ended up getting profiled for his Super Kraken profile pack. Now that i've returned, I figured it would be a wasted opportunity not to purchase the pack and see how well ReAmpZone did capturing the feel of my old amp!

So, i've been playing around for a few hours and these are my thoughts.

Firstly, yes, RZ did a very good job of capturing some of my favourite sounds from the Super Kraken. I'm running a power rack into a kemper kabinet, so i've tried both the studio and DI profiles and i'm definitely happy with the results.

However!

I'd go so far as to say the profiles are maybe a little "too extensive". There are absolutely all the tones I remember from when I owned the amp, all the good stuff is right there. But there's also some that I can't for the life of me work out how the amp made those noises (and not always in a good way). I know that everybody likes different settings, uses different guitars, etc etc, and in a way it's better to cover all bases, but be prepared to do some digging to find the gold in this pack.

I also picked up the official victory super kraken profiles, and I imagine some people would want to know how these compare. Honestly, the victory ones are good, and if you just want a collection of profiles that are ready to go then they're well worth a consideration. If you want an in-depth study of the amp, and you're prepared to spend the time hunting through the profiles to find the ones that work best for your needs and rig, go RZ because it'll pay off in the long run.

Just FYI, the only contact i've had with RZ was to confirm that the amp in this pack was my old one.

Consider this a thumbs up from me, RZ captured all the good bits and then some extra as well. Great job!

• Would you recommend one over the other? From what you said I would lean toward reampzone’s version but I want to get the best quality one if that makes sense

• Would you recommend one over the other? From what you said I would lean toward reampzone’s version but I want to get the best quality one if that makes sense

Hard to tell. Some like one vendor better than the other. There are two free Kraken profiles from reampzone on rige exchange and a few other. Give them a try and see if you like them or not.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau