Unpowered Kemper Stage into Katana MK2

• Apologies if this exists elsewhere in the forum but im wondering if anyone has any experience running their Kemper into the power amp in or fx return of a katana mk2? I was gonna pull the trigger on a 2x12 100w version but wondering what that has looked like for other folks?

thanks in advance for any thoughts

Kemper stage

Charvel San Dimas

EOB Strat

Classic vibe tele with fender vintage pickups

epiphone hummingbird

some kind of amp or FRFR to get the air moving ( to be determined)

• If you want air pushin for feeling "amp in the room" you rather use power amp + passive cabinet. There are FRFR options like gemini that get half there, but because of the nature of the woofers in the frfr systems, you never get a high SPL. Katanas sound fine trough the power amp in, the thing is that the speaker is not particularly amazing, but if you like, then you do. The power section itself is AB amp, but it seems its clean enough. The katana is a cheap alternative, and all being said, its a great unit by itself in case the kemper fails. It is just a defeated porpouse to carry kemper and katana all the time together.

The answer is 42

• Thank you for the reply,

would something like a fender hotrod deluxe work?

Through the fx return as an example?

yes, any amp trough the fx return would work, the thing is the same for most amps, the power amps have their own colour, as the speakers do. If you like the speakers in the hotrod (I dont, I think they are celestion 70/80 which have some of the most sharp treble and sterile mids in the lineup), then you will be fine, as the power amp in the hotrod is fairly transparent (I ran the kemper trough a twin time ago, sounded decent). My suggestion, a separate small power unit if your kemper does not have power amp, and go to a store to do some cab hunting. I ended up with a 212 classic lead cab, and a 112 creamback open back cab. 412s only sound good with metal in my opinion.

The answer is 42