When will I learn?

• I have been a D*mble junkie for a long time trying to get my hands on anything that even claims that it can reproduce that sound. Let's leave to the side the point that most people don't really know what *that* sound even is or the fact that there are a number of different D* sounds. Well, I convinced myself that there just wasn't any profile on the KPA yet that gave me that sound 100%. So I went out and bought a boutique pedal that is highly regarded that claims to give that sound. After A/B'ing the pedal with the various profiles that are freely available, the KPA profiles won hands down - in clarity, in versatility and in complexity. I guess I fell for the little devil on my shoulder telling me that I had GAS, only to find out that the little angel was right. Ugh. When will I learn??!! The KPA is something special.

• Zendrive, PlushPedals, Fulldrive II...I had them almost all (out of the Ethos, very difficult to get in Europe)...good stuff 'till I've played some Fuchs and Two Rock profiles on the KPA..forget it! :D Some day someone will be so kind to profile a real ODS (#16, please!!!) and the quest will be definitely over... :thumbup:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Heh... One of the primary things that convinced my to get the Kemper was the desire for Ford & Carlton-like tones. After playing with playing with the Kemper for a hour or two in the store, I decided it was a better bet than an army of stomps. That said, I have an Ethos on order which should be arriving Fall of 2013 (!). When it comes I'll probably profile it and put it up on eBay for a profit.

• Hey, when you land that tone please advise ... 8)

Heh. The Kemper is much closer than my technique.

The factory "Ford Boost" rig is what convinced me that the Kemper was the right path to take. It's not far off the sounds on the album "Talk to Your Daughter." I now have a Rig based on Tony McKenzie's "DUMBLE -CRUNCH" rig (which is actually a profile of a CeriaTone clone kit). Start with McKenzie's rig, crank the Gain a bit and throw in a treble booster with the tone as low as it can go--that'll get you in the vicinity. Then tweak to taste. These Rigs are incredibly sensitive to the behavior of the guitar pickup so swapping rigs is not as useful as you'd hope.