Which inputs/outputs should I mute in Focusrite Control?

• Hi,

So I recently discovered that I have been recording my Kemper into my DAW Logic Pro X the wrong way. I've had Software Monitoring on this whole time which made my recorded sound really crappy.

I have now disabled Software monitoring in Logic and am now very confused about what should be enabled in Focusrite Control in order for the Kemper to sound as it should. Or maybe the settings in Focusrite Control doesn't affect the sound as long as I don't have Software Monitoring in Logic enabled?

I have attached a screencap of my Focusrite settings below.

If I disable "Software DAW Playback" my guitar signal is unaffected, but I get no sound in for example my browser Chrome.

If I disable "SPDIF 1-2" I get no guitar signal.

Really appreciate any help! And if it's really doesn't matter in case I have Software Monitoring in Logic disabled?

Thanks!

• I have a MOTU M4 and Reaper 5. I do not use the audio interface software to select inputs and outputs. I do all that inside Reaper's I/O settings. I only use the interface software to set clock and buffer size.

Do you have to turn off phantom power manually when using XLR cables in the Focusrite?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I have a MOTU M4 and Reaper 5. I do not use the audio interface software to select inputs and outputs. I do all that inside Reaper's I/O settings. I only use the interface software to set clock and buffer size.

Do you have to turn off phantom power manually when using XLR cables in the Focusrite?

I use SPDIF with Kemper and there is a button for phantom power that I press when I use mics, for example.

• If the inputs on the focusrite software are not muted, you will hear your signal directly from the focusrite. I use the spdif inputs for my Kemper. If you also monitor through Logic, you will hear two signals slightly delayed and this sounds bad. In Logic you should set your audio settings buffer size to the smallest it will go without problems and also engage the low latency mode. This should help.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10