Sending midi messages to TC Electronic G System via KPA and remote in Performance Mode.

• Hello, for a few years I have been using my profiler in live situations with a TC Electronic G System and it’s worked great. However, I finally “bit the bullet” and purchased the remote to use in Performance Mode. I want the remote to control the G System too in Performance Mode. I want it to change the relevant “user patch” to correspond with the profile selected. I’ve followed the advice in both the Reference manual and G System manual however, when I change the profile via the remote the profiler it sends through a midi signal and changes the G Systems “factory” patches as opposed to the “user” one.
    Now the G System manual states signal received via controller #0 value 0 selects factory bank. Signal received via controller #0 value 1 selects user bank 1 - 100. This is what I want so please enlighten me as to how I can select the second option via my Kemper, please?

• Thank you Pauls,

What I don’t understand is the profiler sends the message on controller #0 and is changing the factory pre sets on value 0 but staying on the same controller #0 I can’t just change from value 0 to value 1?
    I will look at the RJM Amp Gizmo as you suggest.

• I used the G-System for many years, too, until I got a Remote.

The G-System is primarily designed to control the internal effects, and provide Amp Relay switching.

The Remote is primarily designed to control the Profiler.

They both send MIDI PC messages, and respond to CC Bank messages. But, neither of them transmit CC Bank Messages.

There is not a way to access the User Programs in the G-System without sending a CC Bank message from an external MIDI controller.

The Remote/Profiler cannot to send CC messages - it sends MIDI PC Messages 1 through 128, only.

• I see! That’s a shame because I still use the G System Mod, Pitch and delay sections as standalone effects to compliment the Kemper effects. All the other buttons I’ve assigned to different CC numbers to switch the 4 stomp sections separately and the remaining 3 spare g system buttons to operate 3 of the effects sections.

I’ll have to try to find some way to get them to communicate with each other, if not then I suppose I’ll revert back to the G System as it’s possibly the better of the two options and I’ll have to forget about the Performance Mode.
    Anyway, thank you for your explanation Paults.

• Prhaps this hint helps: Normally MIDI bank select MSB as well as LSB comands are redundent and program changes are sufficient as long as you navigate within the same MIDI bank. Perhaps you can organize your effect presets in the G-System within the same MIDI bank and at the beginning navigate to that bank manually.