Dumb Video About Amps and The Kemper, with a FREE Filmosound Profile at the End

• Hi Friends,

Thought I'd post this here, I've been making some YouTube videos during this pandemic time and occasionally my topic leans towards the KPA. This week I have a Filmosound 385 Profile that I'm giving out for the next 14 days, totally free. The link is in the description of the video here:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey and if you like the video, or like the profiles, let me know here or in the comments section! Also subscribe if you care to do so.

Lets talk about the fun stuff... the Filmosound profile is an overdriven amplifier section of a film projector used in schools and at home back in the 50's and '60s, this particular one is a 1957. It has an incredible array of tubes, including some vintage black plate RCAs, some mullards, and this particular model is a 6V6 version (there are EL84 versions that are much rarer). These projectors started to get converted to amplifiers back in the '90s and somehow became these touch sensitive beasts with an incredible amount of gain on hand, not unlike a supercharged Fender Tweed Deluxe. It actually has the same Schumacher transformer as the fender tweed deluxe. This model is also somewhat rare in that its got modifications by Bill Krinard of Two Rock fame. His mods are known for keeping the amp as close as possible to original spec to preserve the "mojo."

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it!