Updating the profiler

• Hi guys, wondering if someone could help me.....i'm not very clued up on the whole updating thing, just bought a second hand kemper and want to update it, but i'm pretty crap with computer type things. Could someone give me an idiots guide to updating my kemper? The OS on my kemper is 5.3.1 (13085) and rig mananger version 3.9.140 (16417).

I know if i can get it updated to a certain point the updates become automatic, just need help getting it there! Cheers.

• Hi, Rick.

The latest production of Rig Manager is

Rig Manager 3.2 Release (3.2.48)

Get it here

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/12/Rig-Manager

Once you install it, connect your Profiler to the computer. When you start the program it should offer to update the Profiler automatically for you.

• Rig Manager makes it super easy to update, as it always checks to see if one is needed. It's as simple as clicking a button and just let the process happen. You only need to have the profiler on and connected to your computer usb from the back of the profiler, and have Rig Manager loaded.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I think you need it update to this version first manually:

Download the file and extract the kaos.bin file onto a thump drive.

Insert the drive to the Kemper and allow it to update when prompted.

EDIT: this is no longer needed. My bad.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

Edited once, last by musicmad ().

• Hi musicmad,

We no longer have to update older OS versions in two steps.

The current Rig Manager revision is 3.2. It will handle the PROFILER OS update automatically. If your current PROFILER OS is older than 7.3, it will perform a two step update of that OS. But first Rig Manager needs to be updated. This should also happen automatically. If it doesn't, reason might be that your PC OS is too old and doesn't support the current Rig Manager revision. Check compatibility on the KEMPER download page.

• Ah sorry!

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM