[Soundside] Christmas Sale - Ended - Thank You!

• You have some nice amps but your prices are really high compared to Andy. If your prices were the same as his I'd buy some of your profiles.

i cannot comment on whether the price is good or not as each person has to make that decision for themselves. What I can say is that every one of Armin's sets are fantastic and these two latest amps are superb. Some of the best tweed type profiles out there IMHO. What the KPA can do with a vintage fender amp I don't think any other modelers can touch - especially when someone as skilled as Armin is spending the care and time in profiling them. Remember, for those with the full set 2, you could get the Harvard and Deluxe '52 profiles basically for $10 each.

• Normally I don't comment on prices - but let me explain what you get.

I work with a professional ordering provider (ShareIt).
    They sell all my music software/profiles worldwide and ask for a fix minimum fee - so all prices below $20 make no sense for me.
    To get a better price per profile I have created the bundles - then you'll pay $10 (or less) per pack.

I'll not compare the prices with other offering - and even $10 is a lot compared to free profiles.
    A POD is also less then a Kemper - and a free VST plugin is even cheaper :D

Let's talk about the profiles you get and why they are different:
    1) Yes, there are many great free profiles available - but you have to spend a lot of time to find the gems between all the ones you may not like.

2) If you'll find a great profile you may want to have a similar profile with another amp setting (more treble, less gain, another channel) or whatever - but other profiles of the same amp will sound very different (each amp is different, different speakers, number and used mics, mic placement, pre amp, room, refine, ...)
    Yes the KPA has some knobs - but it may sound very different just to turn the gain knob on the KPA - or to have another profile from the same amp with more gain.

3) So if you like to get consistent quality you are (currently) left with two options - Andy's profiles or mine
    Which ones are better?
    You can't compare them!
    Both are great - it depends on your needs.
    Andy has profiles 'ready to use' with some amp settings (clean, clean+, crunch, lead,... some with additional tube screamers ...)

My profiles consist of two parts:
    a) 'Ready to use' profiles with effects
    b) A LOT of raw amp profiles - without any effects - but as many as needed different amp settings - you basically get all sound options of the amp - and can choose the best clean/crunch/lead tones out of them - to match perfectly with your own guitar, speakers, taste ...

4) If you only like to have some new amps for your collection and don't need all the different settings - I offer the 'Best of Profiles' which include 3 profiles from each pack. I'll create a 'Best of Profiles' Set II for the second bundle in the next time.

Here is an example for an easy one channel amp:
    These raw profiles are included (and there are 3 set's of them for different mics/mic placements)
    ProAmp V02 T01
    ProAmp V02 T03
    ProAmp V02 T04
    ProAmp V02 T06
    ProAmp V02 T08
    ProAmp V02 T10
    ProAmp V02 T12
    ProAmp V02.5 T08
    ProAmp V03 T08
    ProAmp V04 T08
    ProAmp V06 T08
    ProAmp V09 T08
    ProAmp V12 T08

Vxx = Volume
    Txx = Tone
    The Fender Pro Amp is clean at volume 02 (the knobs can be set between 00 and 12).
    There are profiles for different tone settings - to get all kinds of clean sounds - since a humbucker guitar may sounds nice at T10 while a Tele sounds fine at T06 - and even some Tele player may prefer the tone control at 12 - it's a matter of taste - and gives much more options then just 'clean' or even 'clean Tele'.

The same is true for overdriven tones - there are profiles for different volume settings (and again - it sounds very different compared to just turn the KPA gain knob).

You get 51 profiles for this one amp = 40cent per profile or 20cent per profile when you get the bundle.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited 3 times, last by Armin ().

• Having listened to the clips and drooled over the photos I've just bought the vintage pack and looking forward to all those lovely old Fenders and indeed the Vox sounds.. Neil

• Thats a good idea - but unfortunay currently not possible with my ordering provider.

I have send you a pm

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• The first amp for the next bundle (Bundle 3):
    Finally I have now an acoustic amp in my collection.

There are profiles of all this settings (Bass / Treble):
    (as with all my amp profiles = all available options)

B07 T09
    B07 T12
    B07 T15
    B07 T17

B09 T09
    B09 T12
    B09 T15
    B09 T17

B12 T09
    B12 T12
    B12 T15
    B12 T17

B15 T09
    B15 T12
    B15 T15
    B15 T17

B17 T09
    B17 T12
    B17 T15
    B17 T17

Edited 3 times, last by Armin ().

• Do you have any plans to offer some type of roll your own pack to allow a discount to those wanting multiple profiles but perhaps not the ones you've grouped together?

Now your talkin'. If I'm gonna spend big bucks I'd like to pick and choose....
    Here's another question: Would you also consider selling profiles done with only one guitar, eg. L.P. only. That could be another way to cut costs and appeal to more buyers, as not everyone has a L.P., Strat and Tele. ( just a thought )

• Pick and choose is not possible with my ordering provider - but normally we find a way - I'll pm you.

As for LP, Strat and Tele.

As the real amp will not change when you connect different types of guitars - the profiles will not change as well.

The problem with profiles is that a clean setting for a Tele may sounds muddy and starts to crunch on a LP - as on the other hand a full distorted sound for a LP may sound only crunched and has too much treble when a Tele is used.

I think Andys Bundle1 has different sets for Tele, Strat, L.P. - I never did this.

My profiles try to capture ALL amp settings (e.g. different drive settings different treble settings,...) so as with the real amp you can 'turn the knobs' until you like the sound.

This works IMHO much better since even two Tele-type guitars can sound very different - and what is a LP? (P90, PAF, Burstbucker,?) - you get it.

This is the reason I offer so many profiles for each amp. Later you can mark the ones you need for your guitars as 'favorits' and you are done - and when ever you get a new guitar or like to try a different style - choose again - the whole amp is waiting for you.

• Profile Bundle III is online:

It includes 109 profiles of all this gear

1964 Fender Blackface Concert (far miked)
    Overdrive & Blackface (far miked)
    Distortion & Blackface (far miked)
    Marshall Acoustic Amp, model AS50R Soloist (DI)

• Oh, boy this amp was loud - and the power amp distortion can be heard even in the mp3 samples :love:

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• Here something about the profiling background:

This Vintage Fender Blackface Concert Amp, model AB763, dated 1964 is with all original parts - not modded in any way.

Basically this amp has two channels 'Normal' and 'Vibrato' - both sound the same but the second one has a vibrato effect.

I profiled only the normal channel - there are 3 controls:
    Volume - Treble - Bass
    in addition is there a 'Bright' switch.

As always I wanted to capture the amp options as close as possible while avoiding unnecessary profiles.
    I found this amps 'Bass' sweet spot is at '7' - and even if I need more or less bass - the KPA's controls work just fine - so I did all profiles with Bass fixed at '7'.

The 'Treble' knob can not be replicated by the KPA's controls for three reasons:
    1) They work at different frequencies
    2) Changing the Treble also changes the amount of distortion
    3) The KPA tonestack is after the 'Amp block' while in all Fender amps the EQ is before the 'Amp block'

So I searched for the best clean tone - and found it at Volume 1.5 (less gets very faint - a little bit more and the KPA recognizes a distorted amp)
    Next step was to find the best mic's and mic placement.
    Because I did not want to capture only the sound of one speaker (close miked) - I adjusted my far miking technique to capture the 4x10" open back sound as close as possible.

I profiled the amp 8 times (at different treble settings)
    Treble 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10(Max)

Then the same with the bright switch activated (8 profiles same settings as before)

This should work for all kinds of guitars to get the clean sound I wanted - since I am my first customer ;)

Now I started to try to overdrive the Concert.
    Since there is no master-volume - the overall volume get WAY louder.

I profiled the amp at Volume 3,5,7,8 and 3,5,7 with the bright switch activated (higher values make no difference) - wow this thing sounds killer - and is loud as hell - I am sure my neighbors will hate me for this :D

This loud power amp distortion sounds very different compared to the distortion sounds from a master volume amp (where only the small preamp tubes distort).

Here are some sound samples for the pur amp (Telecater guitar used):
    Fender Concert

Edited 10 times, last by Armin ().

• When back in the 60th or 70th someone wanted to get more overdrive out of such an amp - or was afraid of the neighbors - the only options were stomp boxes.

I placed my old Ibanez Tube Screamer before the amp and liked the sound very much.
    The TS9 has 3 controls:
    Drive - Tone - Level

I profiled the combination of TS9 and Concert at different drive settings:
    9:00, 12:00, 15:00. 17:00
    each with three different tone settings:
    12:00, 15:00, 17:00

So I got 12 profiles.

Since I know that some famous blues/rock players love the blackface amps with an OKKO Diablo in front - I created 7 additional profiles with the OKKO.

Here is a short sample - the amp starts to sing:
    Overdrive and Concert Amp

• To get even more distortion out of the Concert - Overdrive boxes will not do the job - so I tried some of my Distortion boxes.

First I used my Zvex Box Of Rock.

I created profiles for all this Drive settings:
    09:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00

Each with 3 different Tone settings:
    12:00, 15:00, 17:00

This gives a total of 15 profiles - enough to choose the right one for all of my guitars.

The next level was the MI Audio Crunch Box - which can create even more distortion than the Box Of Rock.
    I created profiles for all this Drive settings:
    08:00, 08:30, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00 14:00, 15:00, 17:00

Since the tone control of the Crunch Box works not this much as the one in the Box of Rock - two different Tone control settings are enough:
    12:00, 17:00

Here is a small sound sample.
    Both rhythm and lead guitar use the Distortion profiles while the bass guitar uses a MarkBass profile.

The great thing about this amp - if you compare all 3 sound samples - there is always the same 'Signature Sound" - even when stomp boxes are used - great!

Distortion Stomp Box before Concert Amp

Edited 4 times, last by Armin ().

• BestOf Vintage Pack - coming soon ...

(just selecting the profiles)

Edit: done :)