Alternate Input and no output on Kemper Power Cabinet

• Hi all,

since this week I own a Kemper Power Cabinet, connected to the monitor out.

But when I use the alternate input there is no sound via the Power Cabinet.

Can this be changed?

And if so, how?

Best regards, Adrian

• search the manual for "Input Source Select".

The high-impedance ALTERNATIVE INPUT is located on the back panel. You may find it useful in rack setups, either for connecting the instrument directly, or through a wireless receiver. It is a bit noisier than the front INPUT, but this is only an issue for guitars with a soft output level, applied to heavy distortion.

Even when Input Source is set to “Alternative Input”, it won’t work when a cable is still connected to the front INPUT.

• Looks like it has to do something with the guitar cable and it is not limited to the alternate input:

If I connect the guitar cable that I connected to the alternate input to the front input, I have the same effect:

Monitor out - no sound

Main out - tone

I've tried a number of guitar cables now. The problem occurs at 50%..

It also didn't work with my wireless adaptere/system.

• If the MAIN OUT gives sound and the MONITOR OUT doesn't, this is normally not a guitar input issue.

Check your output settings; Monitor Output Source and Monitor Output Volume in Output Section.

Thenm check the Aux In Mix controls in Output Section. Perhaps the Alternative In is used as Aux In and you hear your guitar via Aux In. MAIN OUT and MONITOR OUT have separate Aux In Mix controls.

Be aware, that to use the ALTERNATIVE IN as a reae guitar input, you need to set Input Source accordingly AND ther must be nothing plugged into the front INPUT. Regardless of Input Source, the front input has always the "right of way".