Using a D.I with a Kemper Stage

• Hey all.

i don't own a Kemper yet, but I'm curious before getting one.

I understand that the Kemper racks and Heads have D.I outputs (labeled direct output/ send) installed on the units for "unaffected signals" for possible re amping and/or editing along with their main and monitor outs.

Is it possible to get a "Dry out/D.I signal" out of the Kemper stage through a D.I box?

I know it sounds like a dumb question considering "It's a D.I box!"

I ask because I usually use a D.I with my current amp/cab simulator to get the "affected signal" (amp/cab and all) out to FOH through long distances using the "thru" for my FRFR for monitoring.

I'm wondering how i can get a "Dry signal" out from a kemper stage? Maybe someone can help me out with this?

Edited once, last by Asandman ().

• Welcome to the forum!

You should check the main manual here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals

or you can have a look at this video. Maybe this will explain it already:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thank you for your response and video link. The videos seem to only reference the head and rack versions of the outputs and unit in question. I havent bought a kemper stage yet so i cannot reference the manual but i could (and should) just look up the manual online and reference that. Thanks for the “wake me up”! I shall do just that.

• Without having the chance to check it (not at home for the next days); the outputs (and most of the other stuff) should be the same.

The big manual Is only available as a pdf, I think it was never available as a printed version.
    good luck!

• You could use Send 1 for this, provided it is not already in use as part of an effects send/return loop. Page 60 of Main Manual version 8.5 has more info.

Ed / Audio Systems Engineer / Kemper Stage + Fender fan

• The Stage by default sends the dry guitar signal to one of the outputs for this purpose. I don't remember off the top of my head which one it is. It is in the manual. I would recommend going to the main Kemper site and downloading the PDF. I did that before I got my Stage and it helped understand it when I got the unit because I had already been looking through the manual to see how it worked.

• You don’t need to use a DI.

The Kemper has xlr balanced outputs already. You can configure those outputs to be whatever you like (full affected signal, dry signal, etc etc).

It also has Monitor outputs (1/4”) you can feed to powered speakers. This can also be configured for various similar options, and the volume adjusted independent for foldback.