Stereo Widener - wow

• Just playing about with this after firmware update and... Wow.

It is just such a nice effect. Added to a Marshall JVM & a Mesa mkIIC and you're sounding produced all of a sudden. Think black album Metallica or Volbeat . Just adds that thickness that I'd been looking for & not finding. Won't fit for everything but for pure playing fun it blew me away.

Had been going through a bit of a shit patch with the KPA & I think this might have brought me out of it. Through headphones was amazing, interested to see what it's like through speaker set that's on its way.

• If you want to get wider --like into your neighbors property -- use the widener + double tracker preset + double tracker stomp. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I too really like the widener, running to the dry L & R outs of my W/D/D/W at home rig. With this setup, all post-amp modulation and widening are part of the stereo DRY routing, kept completely separate from delay effects which are run to separate L & R speakers.

Hard to explain but in addition to the stereo soundstaging of the delay effects, the dry amp is also running in stereo thanks to the stereo widener.

The effect is hard to describe and really thrilling.

old thread: W/D/D/W For Ultimate Wet/Dry Stereo Immersion!

Here's how I described it:
    "What a difference this made! The sounds are huge and crisp. Now, I am able to enjoy the natural phase-widening of true stereo chorus and all mod effects, AND the REV and DEL are completely separate in the sonic space. This improves the sound of both clean rigs and overdriven rigs alike. Kemper also has a useful STEREO WIDENER, which further enhances the phase separation of the modulation stomps. This feature works even better when it is not blended with reverb, as in this application.

The resulting set-up must be experienced to appreciate, but if you are considering W/D separation and want to go a bit further for an ultimate stereo immersion, try it!"

Edited 2 times, last by mikeSFO ().