Volume Levels

• I've had my Stage Profiler a couple of months now. I've pretty much figured out most of the stuff need for my situation.

The one thing I can't figure out is...

How do I adjust 'volume levels' between different presets?

Also, how do I adjust 'volume levels' while morphing?

For example: My preset 1 is my crunchy rhythm sound, it "morphs" to my clean sound. I can't figure out how or where to adjust the "morphed clean sound's" volume level.

I wish the volume level was easy to save like the overdrive. I'm sure it's something simple. Thanks

• Did you adjust the clean sens parameter?

I think you could adjust it if it’s just low volume in all your clean sounds (there is a nice tutorial on youtube) or you can also morph the volume of the amp to avoid difrent volume when morphing the sound.

For example, I have my lead sounds of each rig in morph “mode”, being the amp of each rig 3 dB above the non-morphed volume value.

• Clean sense can be confusing. It is for balancing the same sound between different guitars. Not for balancing rigs between each other.

Rig volume is what you want for balancing sounds.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I seem to understand that the question is how to compensate for volumes by morphing on the same rig.

It's very simple press the rig button, use the left and right navigation arrows until you find "rig volume". Set the two volumes you want with Morph and without Morph just like you did with gain... They will change both parameters at once.

Then press 2 or 3 times "store" to store

• The stage is different than the head unit in that the rig volume is a knob to itself on the head whereas the volume knob on the stage is the master volume. There are multiple places on the stage to adjust the rig volume. One place was mentioned in the rig parameter, another is in the amp block, also if I remember correctly you can increase the volume in the cab block. You can also always put a pure booster after the cab section in the X . You can morph any and all of these the same way you would morph any other parameter.

• The stage is different than the head unit in that the rig volume is a knob to itself on the head whereas the volume knob on the stage is the master volume. There are multiple places on the stage to adjust the rig volume. One place was mentioned in the rig parameter, another is in the amp block, also if I remember correctly you can increase the volume in the cab block. You can also always put a pure booster after the cab section in the X . You can morph any and all of these the same way you would morph any other parameter.

All these options are available on all models. If they weren’t, rigs would not be compatible actoss models.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• Clean sense can be confusing. It is for balancing the same sound between different guitars. Not for balancing rigs between each other.

Hmm.. I think it’s not exactly that. From a Kemper tutorial, I understood that is for balancing just clean sounds if the issue is just with clean sounds.

• This has been covered well in many threads. Press the amp block, there is a volume there last perimeter I think. Match volumes there. That's what the manual reads and MBritt says he does it that way as well. Some use the volume knob on the front but I like to leave that alone to use when morphing as a reference.

From the manual: "it might be the PROFILE itself differing from unity gain. In this case, adjust the “Volume” parameter, found in the amplifier module, until the Rig sounds at the correct level. Be sure to store the Rig afterwards, if you want the volume change to be permanent for that specific Rig.

And as far as using the Rig volume: Use this parameter to adjust the level of each Rig to suit a song in a set list, we don’t recommend using it to balance the levels between all the Rigs.

Actually I believe you're thinking more of distortion sense. I think MANY people don't understand what clean sense and distortion sense (way different) actually do and how they function. I think the misinformation comes from this in the manual: "If you feel that clean Rigs sound softer or louder than distorted Rigs, please don’t try to fix it by adjusting the volume of the individual Rigs! Instead, you should readjust the Clean Sens parameter in the Input Section to match your guitar to the PROFILER." Instead of reading "clean rigs vs distorted rigs" it should understood as "when turning up or down the gain to make a clean rig (not rigs) (unless locked)) dirty or vice versa".

Now that I understand it, it's better described as: Clean sense just adjusts it so when you turn up the gain on a profile it gets louder, softer or stays the same volume. Say you were morphing gain and when the gain went up the volume went up or down (compression) with it and you didn't want that to happen. THAT'S when you use clean sense. It lets you control what happens when the gain gets turned up vs output volume. I had a big discussion with tech support on here where it was explained in a way I fully understood. I'm sure that post is still around. Like I said I haven't heard from a lot of people that actually understand what clean sense does likely because of that manual page.. Distortion sense works more like what you said and adjusts input gain for different guitars pickups so when you change to your danelectro, it has similar distortion amounts as your JB equipped Charvel was if you prefer.

If you don't want to look up that post, try it yourself, Go to any rig and turn up the gain from 0 to full and note the volume change. Now turn the clean sense all the way down and repeat. Then turn it all the way up and see what happens. The profile will get quieter when turning up the gain instead of the slight increase you would normally get from turning it up. In a profiler and a performance, my goal is to have all rigs so that get heard at the level I want them and If I morpf the gain I want it to go up a bit in volume. If I need to that's when I would adjust the clean sense but for the way I use the Kemper I never touch it nor is it needed but I finally understand it.

Edited 4 times, last by Dynochrome: Attempting to add clarity and avoid misunderstanding. ().

• Rig volume is what you want for balancing sounds.

From the manual section RIG VOLUME: "Use this parameter to adjust the level of each Rig to suit a song in a set list, we don’t recommend using it to balance the levels between all the Rigs." and "If you can’t pin it (volume difference) on an effect, then it might be the PROFILE itself differing from unity gain. In this case, adjust the “Volume” parameter, found in the amplifier module, until the Rig sounds at the correct level. Be sure to store the Rig afterwards, if you want the volume change to be permanent for that specific Rig." This is how I do it but it's a preference not a rule.

• From the manual section RIG VOLUME: "Use this parameter to adjust the level of each Rig to suit a song in a set list, we don’t recommend using it to balance the levels between all the Rigs." and "If you can’t pin it (volume difference) on an effect, then it might be the PROFILE itself differing from unity gain. In this case, adjust the “Volume” parameter, found in the amplifier module, until the Rig sounds at the correct level. Be sure to store the Rig afterwards, if you want the volume change to be permanent for that specific Rig." This is how I do it but it's a preference not a rule.

The Kemper is a flexible beast. There is no reason not to use rig volume is you prefer that.

What on earth is the real world difference to levelling rigs used in a 40 song long set list, and levelling rigs in general?

No difference for me. I have 10-20 rigs that i use across 5 bands, and lots of gigs as a substitute. Same rigs, different setlists, if any setlists at all.

Add to that, on toasters and rack Kempers, the rig volume parameter is directly accesed on the front. Much faster for quick dialling in, that having to push the amp block, then the page button two (or is it three?) times, then adjusting the vol parameter. That’s three (or four) times as much buttonpushing. Placing the rig volume on the front was a stroke of brilliance by the Kemper team.

Edited 2 times, last by Kim_Olesen ().

• The Kemper is a flexible beast. There is no reason not to use rig volume is you prefer that.

What on earth is the real world difference to levelling rigs used in a 40 song long set list, and levelling rigs in general?

No difference for me. I have 10-20 rigs that i use across 5 bands, and lots of gigs as a substitute. Same rigs, different setlists, if any setlists at all.

I have about 70 rigs on my Kemper. First thing I do is level the amp section in browser mode and save so it sits with all my other rigs very close. That way if I want to put one in a performance, it's pretty close and I can go right to playing instead of messing with volume adjustments.

• I have about 70 rigs on my Kemper. First thing I do is level the amp section in browser mode and save so it sits with all my other rigs very close. That way if I want to put one in a performance, it's pretty close and I can go right to playing instead of messing with volume adjustments.

Yes, all very good. And the rig volume parameter is equally suited to that. And much faster accesed on most models.

• HOWEVER though Dynochrome has a point in regards to the OP. If you are looking to contravene a difference in volume caused by some kind of morphing, the volume in the amp section is the way to go, since that’s morphable. Rig volume is not iirc.

• Volume in the amp section is the way to go, since that’s morphable. Rig volume is not iirc.

I NEVER morph the amp volume. That's my "balancer". The whole reason I balance in the amp section(besides that the manual recommends it and Michael Britt does it that way) is so I can run all of my rigs with the rig volume lights at noon so when I morph rig volume I can look at the lights and see how much it turned up. If the rig volumes were all over the place I wouldn't have the ability to reference as quickly and make adjustments quickly if needed by just seeing how far they are past noon. So yes you can morph rig volume, it's the reason I set the Kemper up the way I do as well as the way the manual suggests.