Assign MIDI Out as MIDI Thru on Kemper Stage

• I would love to be able to reassign MIDI Out as a MIDI Thru. MIDI Out is great if you need the Stage to switch external effects, but in my scenario, the Kemper is controlled from Qlab and I also need to turn pages in Forscore on my iPad. I did this in my studio with my toaster to check that everything worked and was really surprised when I tried to connect everything live with my Stage and found there was no way to pass MIDI Thru. The direction makes sense as there is a very short cable needed from the Stage at my feet to my iPad in front of me. Pretty please with suger on top!

• I actually purchased a Quadra Thru. Unfortunately, none of my RME interfaces provide enough power for it. I still think the option of switching the Kemper would be much more efficient, negating the need for an extra unit.

I speak from personal and recent experience with Kemper regarding a MIDI issue I had with my gear. A ‘simple’ option added by Kemper would have solved it.

While Kemper making the change may be the most elegant solution for you, it will *not* happen. Not for one use case in 12 years.

I don’t blame them.

It may be a simple change compared to a new effect or what have you, but any change affects all users, requires some level of testing, and in the case of added options necessitates updating the manual and it’s translations.

If you haven’t already, I’d be inclined to contact MIDI Solutions. John Fast has forgotten more about MIDI than the rest of us.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche