Using MIDI controller to control/activate effects? (Act as a pedalboard)

• the Profiler responds to standard control changes. You can find a list of CC commands that control the on/off state for each of the stomps and effects in the main manual. If your MIDI controller is capable of sending these specific CCs you can achieve what you are after.

• I should add that any rig will be loaded in its stored state though regardless if you have activated or deactivated any of the stomps or effects over MIDI. The only exception is when the Profiler is connected to the Rig Manager over USB.

• I should add that any rig will be loaded in its stored state though regardless if you have activated or deactivated any of the stomps or effects over MIDI. The only exception is when the Profiler is connected to the Rig Manager over USB.

So if I understand this correctly, if I activate let's say a chorus effect on the Midi controller and switch with my Kemper remote to another rig (within the performance) it should stay on?

Because that's what I'm trying to achieve. (To let it act as a pedalboard)

• the rig will load in its stored state. Any temporary changes will be ignored. You need to connect the Profiler to a computer running Rig Manager to preserve any temporary changes when changing between slots in a performance.

• the rig will load in its stored state. Any temporary changes will be ignored. You need to connect the Profiler to a computer running Rig Manager to preserve any temporary changes when changing between slots in a performance.

Ah, I see.

I will look into the main manual, but it probably won't work then... (I want the freedom to keep the effect on while switching between rigs)

And without having to bring a laptop to connect with Rig Manager.

Thank you kindly for your help!! :thumbup:

• This idea of "keeping effects on while switching between Rigs" is in logical conflict with the fact, that a Rig represents a complete signal chain from INPUT to module REV. Selection and settings of effects can completely vary between Rigs. Leaving an effect on e.g. in module D, while module D could include no effect or a completely different effect type and different settings in the next Rig, makes little sense.

You can change this condition by locking an effect module e.g. module D. Now module D is global and is maintaned during Rig changes. This includes all settings and its on/off state. Locking is seperate for Performance Mode and Browser Mode. So you could lock module D in Performance Mdoe without locking it in Browser Mode.

As you are using a MIDI footcontroller there might be another approach. Some universal MIDI footcontrollers allow a specifal mode for their effect on/off functions. Let's assume you have assigned MIDI control change #20 to one of its switches. Values > 1-127 will activate module D, value 0 will deactivate module D. If you activate the special mode (name varies by manufacturer) the footcontroller will automatically resend the last values of all the assigned control changes following each MIDI program change. So if you recently sent cc# 20 value 1 to activate module D, and now load another Rig via a MIDI program change - the PROFILER will load the Rig as stored - module D could be on or off. However, the footcontroller will immediately and automatically resent cc#20 value 1 and therefor activate module D again. Perhaps that is what you are looking for.