For people with audio cutting issue with remote 8.7.15, has anyone had it happen twice?

• By twice, I mean trying to replicate it on a different day.

For me, it happened twice at a show, but after rebooting it went away. But the next day I couldn't get the issue to happen again. Has anyone been able to cause this issue on two different

days? I'm gonna try again tomorrow with the experimental OS to see.

• Interesting question!

Some users reported that they experienced a loss of input signal on different days with OS 8.7.15. However, more users seem to not succeed trying to reproduce the issue. Since it only happens in Performance Mode, perhaps storing the Performance once again has an impact.

We have no reports, that this exact issue ever happened in OS 8.7.10 beside the usual run rate of broken cables, defective wireless transmitters, and other reasons for loss of sound.

• When I installed that update, it didn't happen to me at rehearsal, or at home. It happened at a show. So I wonder if its some odd power thing? If the AC isn't regulated properly it could mess with the power signal from the remote? I dunno just throwing stuff out there. Putting the experimental OS on the head now and gonna mess with it.

• When I installed that update, it didn't happen to me at rehearsal, or at home. It happened at a show. So I wonder if its some odd power thing? If the AC isn't regulated properly it could mess with the power signal from the remote? I dunno just throwing stuff out there. Putting the experimental OS on the head now and gonna mess with it.

It also affects Stage. We have no reports it ever happened while Rig Manager was connected. Perhaps that's what makes the difference during gigs.

• It also affects Stage. We have no reports it ever happened while Rig Manager was connected. Perhaps that's what makes the difference during gigs.

I mean, the last update had an update for the different cables to be used for the remote, correct? That can't be so much of a coincidence.

Anyway, I just played thru an hour set switching between different rigs. Even afterwards just smashed a bunch of the buttons quickly, still nothing. This is really very perplexing.

• Nothing has changed regarding that Ethernet connection since day 1.

We always recommend the original KEMPER cable.

And if you go third party, make sure it meets the cable specs mentioned in the manual.

And if you are not sure about the specs of your cable, then use Power over Ethernet to be safe. PoE equipment needs to support mode A. Don't use equipment for mode B since it could damage the Remote. Since the mode of PoE gear is not always easy to identify we maintain a white list and a black list in our manuals for your convenience. The latest list can be found in the Addendum.

But technically PROFILER and Remote havn't changed.

• My problem occurred while using the OSv8.7.15 beta. It happened a couple times at home and twice during a show in the same set, all in performance mode. Soon after creating a support ticket, the v8.7.15 non-beta release came out and I immediately installed that. After hours at home and a couple gigs, I haven't been able to recreate the problem since. Dunno, but I always wondered if the PoE cable was suspect in creating some kind of glitch if stepped on or connection was interrupted. I'm still using v8.7.15 btw

That was the first thing I thought when it happens to me: before chrismas had a gig and it happens 3 times, and 3 times I needed to reboot. Because the Stage was in front of me in the stage I used a different langer powercord. In januari it happens on a rehearsal and on a gig 1 time. For now 1 1/2 month no problem!

• Exact same issue here. Was totally solid on toaster with remote and on stage before I updated to 8.7.15.42312. My stage just did this now, hence I'm coming to the forum looking for some kind of solution. Very intermittent, and frustrating issue! The other guitarist in our band had his die during rehearsal last week. Any idea when this will be resolved? Is it possible to roll back software version?

• We have not been able to reproduce the issue one single time yet.

If you are able to, check if the issue disappears after you stored the Performance once again. Also check, if this perhaps onyl affects the first Performance immediately after a restart and disappears as soon as you freshly reload this Performance once.

If you have critical events, please return to OS 8.7.10, which can be downlaoded at the KEMEPR download page.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

• I tried that last night when it happened to me. Storing the performance did not restore the input, nor did changing the performance. Also, it happened after the unit had been one and I was running through performances. Issue occurred when I went from slot 4 to slot 5. After powering back on, no issues. Went back to same performance, same transition from slot 4 to slot 5 and no problem.

If it happens again I'll try to grab my laptop and hook up to rig manager. Maybe that would restore inputs somehow?

• As far as we know, you cannot "restore the input" other than restarting the unit. If the input signal got lost already, no other chance.

I'm keen to know, if storing the Performance once again prevents the issue from happening in the future while changing Slots within the very same Performance - after a necessary restart. For this test the STORE button at the front panel is sufficient.

Connecting Rig Manager might prevent the issues anyhow. We have no reports this ever happened while Rig Manager was connected. However, connecting Rig Manager changes the logic how former edits of a Slot are treated while other Slots get loaded.

• Oh ok, I read this briefly and when I saw it was put in 8.7, I thought maybe some internal code was changed in order for this to work:

Enhanced List of Tested PoE Equipment

The PROFILER and PROFILER Remote communicate with each other via an ethernet cable. The cable included in

the PROFILER Remote package with its Neutrik® etherCON® cable connector carrier has been carefully selected

and is perfectly suited for this purpose.

Ethernet cables in excess of 10m (30ft) might require a Power over Ethernet Injector (PoE Injector). A PoE switch

will even let you connect multiple Remotes to one PROFILER. Supported are IEEE standard 802.3af-2003 as well as

802.3at-2009 mode A.

✓ Be aware that only mode A can be used; mode B is not functional!

We have extended the list of tested PoE injectors and switches. The included devices were either tested by our

engineering department, or reported as functional by users. We are also adding a blacklist of devices which are not

compatible and must therefore not be used.

Here is a list of equipment we have tested successfully:

PoE injectors:

• TP-LINK® TL-POE 150S

PoE switches:

• TP-LINK® TL-SG1008P (8 port gigabit switch with 4 port PoE)

• Allnet® ALL8085 Switch (8 Port 10/100TX)

• Intellinet 8-Port Fast Ethernet POE+ Switch (available with 19’’ rackmount)

The following PoE devices were reported as functional by users:

• TP-LINK® TL-SG1005P (5 port gigabit switch with 4 port PoE+)

• Trendnet TPE-TG44G POE+ switch

• Cudy POE200 30W Gigabit PoE+

The following PoE injectors are not compatible and must not be used:

• Swissonic 466331

• Ubiquiti Networks U-POE-af

• Ubiquiti Networks POE-48-24W-G

✓ If you are using a PoE switch, connect the PROFILER to its PoE ethernet sockets, as well as the Remote(s).

• We have just published OS 8.7.17 as public beta version. This revision avoids the accidental loss of input signal in Performance Mode.

OS 8.7.10 release is safe. However, you can also upgrade to OS 8.7.17 public beta. Rig Manager will suggest the upgrade, if beta versions are selected in your Rig Manager prefererences. You can also download at OPerating System beta Versions" and install via USB flash drive. Instructions are included in the download package.