New Kemper user - Morphing process does nothing ... why?

• Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a Kemper Profiler Stage and the Morph feature sounds like a very powerful tool.

Quite simply put, when I select a rig profile and push the button a second time to enable the morphing feature, change a simple parameter such as volume or gain, then toggle between the two using the selected rig button, the morphing feature does not revert back to the base sound when I select the rig button again.

The manual says that all you need to do is select the rig, push the button a second time to enter morphing mode, make a change to a parameter then toggle between the two to hear the difference. On my Stage when I make the parameter change (such as volume increase) the increased volume does not go back down when I go back to the base sound.

If the loaded presets all have some kind of morphing already loaded, when I push the rig button a second time to enter morphing, none of the presets do anything either.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks from a brand new (1 week) user.

Painkiller Pete

• Do you save the morphs before to revert back? If not, you're only reloading the original rig. Different behavior will show whike you're connected to Rig Manager (even the iOS one), in this case the changes would be maintained 'till you change rig (Browse mode) or Performance (Perf. mode)

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I am initially just playing around trying to get it to work. According to the manual before you save anything you can toggle between the two states to see how it works. In my case, when I make a change such as a volume increase or gain increase, toggling back to the base sound keeps the change that I made in both states. What I mean by that is if I increase the volume in the morph state, when I revert back to the base sound the volume is still increased.

The change that I make stays changed even when I revert back.

I hope that makes some kind of sense.

• Ah .... I think it was me. It seems that what I was changing was the master volume in an effort to get a volume boost. My guess is that the master volume is a global setting, and morphing doesn't work on global settings.

• Ah .... I think it was me. It seems that what I was changing was the master volume in an effort to get a volume boost. My guess is that the master volume is a global setting, and morphing doesn't work on global settings.

I use it on the amp volume

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10