Pop when engaging patch with mono loop active

• Loving my Kemper, but have found that I get an annoying 'pop' (like patching in a cable) whenever I switch to a patch that has the 'mono loop' stomp active. I leave my Maxon OD808 in the loop (prefer it to the onboard TS by quite a bit), but only want it active on distortion patches. When switching to these, however, I'm greeted by a pop; this wouldn't bode well in a live situation.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Maybe something I've got set up incorrectly causing it? Just nature of the beast?

• It wouldn't surprise me if the "pop" is the connection of the current into the Maxon...in other words, the Maxon is creating the "pop".

Have you ever used the Maxon in a "loop switcher" before? That would give a similar frame of reference.

However, I've been wrong countless times before. :S

• I've done it with a G-Force in the past with no problems; activating the pedal doesn't cause a pop, but switching to the patch with the Maxon 'off' makes the popping disappear. I'll investigate with some other drive pedals if I can get my hands on them and report back!