Global stacks

• But then Eq and Cab would apply to all stacks. What the OP wants to achieve is to have let's say 5 different sets of rigs with 5 different stacks and the changes applies only to the selected stack, not to the other 4.

I thought he meant the other way round.

Either way, you can do this with a bit of locking logic very easily. Additionally, the adaption of _all_ rigs for a gig to the venue shouldn't be done in the stack but in the output section.

Timo

• Timo thanks. That makes sense. I can lock a stack, then scroll through my live rigs and hit save only on the rigs whise whose stacks I want to modify andonly on those. That's a more workable solution.

• I thought he meant the other way round.

Either way, you can do this with a bit of locking logic very easily. Additionally, the adaption of _all_ rigs for a gig to the venue shouldn't be done in the stack but in the output section.

Timo

Agree, that's the way I do it.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I am a long-time G-System user, and use the Kemper in the "Insert" loop of the G-System. This combination of gear is perfect for using a small number of main amps sounds, with a large number of effects presets. The G-System can send MIDI program changes for each Kemper rig to respond to the G-System program changes.

Since the G-System has the pitch effects you've mentioned , as well as all the other effect settings you have already programmed, I suggest using the G-System for your main effects (along with the effects in the Kemper), and as a MIDI controller to change Kemper rigs.

The effects pedals you've been using in the G-System effects loops would no longer be needed - The Kemper has many gain pedals - those could be sold instead of the G-System.

If your main Kemper tones are "dry" rigs, you would save all the time it would take you to re-program all your effects into the Kemper.

• Keeping the g system looks like what I might just have to do. Don't get me wrong, the g system has excellent effects and is a top Notch product in its own right. I just want to avoid the four cable method. Selling a couple of stomps was something I would have done to afford this thing anyhow so well see. I know that this is a very small company, not like line 6 that has an extended product line priced for the masses. Might take some time before they develop the performance mode, pitch effects and their dedicated controller. I wouldn't mind using my g system to control the kemper, but in that case I'd just be using the kemper for its amp profiles. So I might just wait till these features are added, as I haven't made my mind up about which version to get yet. Prob will get the rack version as you can sit it free like the lunch box or rack mount it. If I keep the gystem I'm. Going to have to rack mount that as well, in which case ill probably want to include a power conditioner and probay will just get a separate power amp, as I can't justify an additional $700 for the built in one. Of course ill need a larger rack case if I go with a separate power amp. If money wasn't an issue then maybe. But money is an issue because I am a professional musician, so catch 22 I guess

• How about the ability to do the same with effects. So if you have ten clean rigs (because you want access to a clean sound in the leftmost preset (rig) on each bank of you foot controller. You might think, my reverb is a bit heavy in this room or concert hall and I want to back all of them off at once? Of course now I know that with the lock feature it wouldn't be as miserable to do this as I thought before

• I requested this 3 years ago. Thought I'd update my thoughts, as I think this would be a feature that would revolutionize all-in-one units, be they kemper, axe, line6 etc. I just can't believe that I'm the only person out there that thinks this way. It has been the one thing that has annoyed me for the past decade having owned a Vox Tonelab, line6 podHD, TCNova system, and most recently the Kemper. (the TC G system I owned doesn't count, since all my drive was from OD boxes in its four loops-which essentially functioned like I'm proposing here: a few core sounds (like analog stomp boxes amps) able to be accessed with combinations of numerous other effects in several banks).

After three years with my Kemper, I still feel the same way. Initially I spent some time using lots of different amps with banks of rigs for each of my guitars. Now a days I'm down to using two amps: A Morgan and an Evil Robot. I have five basic core tones for each one. All the other profiles that I have are just for fun and if I do any recording it's nice to have a variety to play with.

However, live, I create rigs with various combinations of other effects, internal and from my H9. I don't need 8 different clean amps. I just need one clean amp with various different combos of effects, necessitating a number of rigs. Sure would be cool if I could just the same amp sound in all of my clean rigs, spread out over 15 different performances all at once. I also have like 11 performances filled with anywhere from 1 to 3 rigs needed for specific songs (I don't even bother to put individual songs in their own performance, since that would result in a lot of wasted space and a lot of extra clicking, since most songs only need one or two rigs) Thus I have about 55 rigs. however these 55 and growing number of rigs only use 5 different amps (actually 5 different profiles of the same amp from clean to lead) In practice, I copy the rigs I need for each weekend in a row, which usually fit in two or three performances which I write over

That is why I proposed global amp stacks. That is find one rig that you like to use all the time, then select the amp section. have an option there to give the amp the distinction of being "global amp 1" or "global amp 2" 3, 4, 5, 6, etc. Then when I go to a different rig I can choose "global amp 1" as its amp, instead of a specific amp. Then all of the rigs that have global amp 1 as their amp can be adjusted all at once. This way, I can go to any of the rigs that have the global amp 1 designation and make whatever adjustments or even swap it out for a different amp today (maybe I feel like using the evil robot clean rig since I like it better with my strat, whereas I prefer the morgan for my Carvin and my Gretsch) And of course folks that have no desire to use the feature can continue to copy and paste the same amp in multiple rigs across numerous performances just like they do now.

One other possibility to achieve this. The lock feature is cool but lacking. Perhaps being able to lock the amp (but only lock it for example slot 1, so that in each performance only slot one is locked) Or, the ability to lock effect blocks, but without locking their on/off status. For example, I generally have one setting of the Screamer effect that I use, and it would be cool to be able to lock it, since I never put anything in the B slot except the screamer. However, I don't want the screamer to be either locked on or off. Rather, I'd like to be able to lock it, tweak it, and then have it active on any rig that was previously active. In other words, just because I want to be able to have it's sound locked, I don't want that locked sound to be active in every rig, just the ones where it already was active.