Why does the Kemper have so small a Memory?

• The first electronic (this off wiki) general purpose computer was ENIAC, designed to calculate artillery firing tables.

Probably hard wired. A computer doesn't by definition have to load software, but the Kemper does. It calculates using programmed algorithms. It uses Binary code. It responds to input from the front, and input from plugins (Wah pedal, 1010 boards)

It's patently a computer. This coming from an NSCU Grad in Programming. I knows a computer when I sees one.

If the other poster is correct about 256MB, that is pretty impressive. I'd like that verified tho. Anyone able to find the post?

• If the other poster is correct about 256MB, that is pretty impressive.

1. You've found the video, just watch the Samsung chips and do the maths.
    2. Learn the difference between Mb and MB.
    3. Stop discussing computer definition
    4. Play guitar
    5. Enjoy the KPA sound
    6. Play guitar
    7. Play guitar
    8. Play guitar
    9. .... you know how this proceeds.

• I typically only see Mb used for Modem's, but since I don't deal with NAND Flash specs, I thought it was a typo.

If that's true, then 32MB. Not shabby if true. Might have to change the thread title from "small" to "just adequate"! ;)

It's hard to read the chips from the video. There's a Samsung SDRAM chip, a UC75, but without the numbers, hard to know there.
    There is the one Samsung PCBO chip, but there are so many, it's hard to pin down without reading the full face of the chip.

As to playing, I hear you. But they might have a problem with me doing that at work.

• well, you have a great job if they don't mind you debating important differences between amounts of UC75 and PCBO chips in your guitar amp for weeks... :P

• well, you have a great job if they don't mind you debating important differences between amounts of UC75 and PCBO chips in your guitar amp for weeks... :P

LOL! Now now, let's not get the guy into trouble. Anyway, the fact this device has usb stick capability already satisfied my GAS regarding profiles. I seriously don't have much time each day to go through my near 1000 profiles atm, only a few each day saved to favourites. At my current rate I think it'll take me at least till end of this year to sort out just my favourites, nevermind deleting what I don't need. There are too many usable profiles as it is plus I have at least 95% of all profiles on the exchange (thanks jojo). It's already more than I'll ever need for recording.

Now, the money I saved from selling a few pieces of gear after buying my Kemper allowed me to get a nice PRS Torero and gulp, I think it might actually be better than my Jem555!

Anyway, I definitely play a lot more now when I pick-up my guitar/s. If you really want an immense library of sounds then check out Guitar Rig 5. Not the best sounding amp sim, but, if you like keeping EVERY preset it'll surely satisfy you.