I am crazy

• I thought sound is something that you can hear and attac and dynamic response is something that you can feel by playing the instrument

Hehe. If there is a change that you expect to happen I am assuming that you expect to notice it while you play the guitar and I guess you will use your ears for that. That means it is the sound that changes.

If what you are doing does not help at the end and you still want to change the attack of your guitar there is many things you can do such as changing the nut, frets or bridge/bridge saddles materials or the pickups. For the dynamic response the easiest thing to do is to change the pickups height. When using passive pickups lowering their height helps to increase the dynamic range but you will also decrease the average output level. You can also change the pickups since some offer more dynamic range than others.

• Cool, that makes more sense. It could be noticed in a recording as well as long as you play both parts pretty much the same way but I understand this is really hard to do specially if you have to wait 12 days between the 2 recordings.

• Actually I really wanted to know how loud it is. And which sound are you applying: the whitenoise or the sweeps?

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• I'd like to make a plea for this "Test". Whatever is needed or pursued in order to achieve a certain tone and pleasure while playing an instrument or in this Case a guitar is legal. Call it mojo, Voodoo, Magic, cheating on physics - if that is possible at all, it seems ok and worth trying - as Long as there is no Deal with The hoofed guy (See Robert or tommy Johnson, dr. Faust and so on) 8o
    Rock on in the Heizungskeller! .

• Rock on in the Heizungskeller! .

Maybe, Uwe, you should plug in the guitar while it is being vibrationized down there in your Heizungsdungeon, and do some recordings? I could imagine some really cool experimental drone music from such a setup!

[Blocked Image: http://www.audiosemantics.de/FORUMS/Keith-Rowe.jpg]

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• So after 11 days i went down again in the heizungskeller to look if my guitar is still working.
    I know that not all of you will believe me but ...

the guitar is still there :P

But something is different (no joke !!) the vibration of the guitar has increased so that the strings were swinging and the vibrations could be felt much
    more if you put your hand on the body and even the table is swinging now a little bit. (I hope I found the right words so that you can understand it). There are 2 days left I´m now very excited to play the guitar again and compare it to my formular 1 tele from lsl.

• Cool!
    I am testing the Toneright on my old Masaru Matano classical guitar. It is a very worn out guitar, built 1978, and so I did not use her for daily pratice for the last two years. I thought this would protect her a bit but instead she went totally "asleep" because of underload. Gosh! Now I play cromatic scales with very long tones every day on her and the rest of the time she is bussing in my kitchen. Hope she will recover.

Amazing that you have results even on a solid body! To be honest, I did not expect this.

www.audiosemantics.de

• Well, what an interesting subject! Maybe I will turn on full sustain on my Moog E1-M, without an amp, and just let it vibrate for a whole day, and see if I can tell any differences. It seems there is no real way to measure any of this, except via personal opinion. It seems like it would at least be a great way to "warm up" a guitar before a gig. I know that when I do an "OM" type sound, I can feel my body resonate long after I have stopped the sound. It's worth a try for sure.

• So I´m back, the guitar has left the heizungskeller and here are the results !

It is very difficult to describe the changes going on and therefore I have started a test with a second guitar, a les paul classic from 1990.

At first the guitar felt stiff and cold and the neck has had a bow, I was very disapointed. But after 10 ´minutes of noodling .....

The sound of the guitar changed ás the deep strings are less muddy so it´s possible to turn the bass frequencies on the kemper a bit louder.
    The middle frequencies and the highs are as before and as I´m not quite satisfied with this (the high freq.) I will try a callaham tremolo to improve this.

The attack and the overall response has improved so that I´m quite satisfied with this.

I hope that my mind and my ears are not playing tricks on me ! I hope that the second test will testify the results. As the les paul tends to be muddy
    in the bass registers I hope a change can be clearly heard and felt.

• Please record your Lea Paul through a KPA then again afterwards with the same profile with no other changes.....otherwise, there is no proof. With a recording, we can hear and measure differences.

bd

• Will be difficult to have a "proove" anyway. Except, maybe, if you ask these guys here to play the before and after recording:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

www.audiosemantics.de