bottom two middle knobs slightly loose

• Hi,

I just received my Kemper and noticed that the bottom middle 2 knobs (used for mid and treble for example) are slightly loose and wiggle. Can I slip the knob head off and tighten something underneath?

Thanks,
    Derek

• ...bump

any help would be greatly appreciated! I just don't want to try prying off the knob unless I know that there is a the possibility of tightening the nut underneath.

Thanks,
    Derek

• They are not sopposed to be loosen. I would not mess with it and contact the reseller for a substitution under warranty.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Thanks Guys!

I will be interested to hear what response you get from support Mike! Mine is NOT bad...not really even bad enough to go and get serviced under warranty but I just want to keep an eye on it. Thought it may be an easy fix if you could just tighten a nut maybe on the stem of the control.

Thanks,
    Derek

Edited once, last by dschaaf ().

• All my knobs wiggle a little.. not worried about it yet.

I'm not 100% certain (but that has never stopped me before :D ).....I believe that the pots are directly connected to the circuit board. IF that's the case, allowing the shafts to be loose could put undue stress on the soldered connections to the board causing - potentially - future issues.

It mine had the issue, I'd make sure that what I've outlined above is the case, and if so, tighten the nuts on the pot shafts to avoid the wiggle.

• "It mine had the issue, I'd make sure that what I've outlined above is the case, and if so, tighten the nuts on the pot shafts to avoid the wiggle."

Thanks...I believe this is exactly what I was after...which is...can I slide the knob off (just wanted to confirm before actually trying to pry it off) and underneath I should find the pot stem with the nut and washer that I should be able to tighten against the housing of the unit.

Thanks,
    D