Some Mesa profiles I have made the last year :)

• Hello there.
    Thought I could contribute with some profiles I've done since I bought my KPA for over a year ago.
    Have done 206 so far, but with the help of Alejandro Carrera bargained these down to 35.
    I made these on my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier MW 2010 and a Mesa Boogie Mark V, (which I dont own any longer).
    The speaker cabinet is a Mesa Boggie 2x12 Rectifier Standard Slant and a Shure SM57 microphone.
    Some of them are DI and there I have "borrow" a cab from Tills Cabs, (Thanks Tills)

I Hope there's some profile that can work for you :)

(I will upload them to the "Rig Exchange" but it will probably take some time).

Here you have a link to a zip file if anyone are interested too testing them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…ridsson%20MESA%20RIGS.zip

If there is anyone who thinks that they have far too little of profiles in its KPA it is a link here to all 206 profiles here :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…BG-Rigs-2013-04-18%20.zip

There's already so much good profiles on the Exchange that you have uploaded but I feel that I want to contribute with something :)

Thanks Alejandro for taking the time to test them :)

// Bjorn

• ^The man speaks the truth.

Another thanks here, man! :thumbup:
    Haven't found a really killer Recto profile yet, maybe this is it! And the Mark V certainly needs to have a thorough set of profiles done to capture it's full range.

May i ask what volume these were profiled at?

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• For fun I downloaded them all, and being a high gain guy, just went for ch 3 on the mark V and the boosted recto stuff. There are some SERIOUS gems in this pack guys. Namely the markV EXT 11 and 22 come to mind. I spent the most time with these, and I definitely think this is the best set of mark series amps available. Not much a fan of the DI stuff personally. Haven't spent enough time with the rectos but I can say, boost turned on, definition turned up, is very much my style and can tell they are gonna kill when dialed in for my style. May be a lot of work, but I would download all 206, and just pick a few that are to your liking: they are all named very well and easily identifiable. Really really pleased with what I've found so far, especially the high gain mark V tones, been on dyer need of these! Again, a huge thanks, this place is like tonal nirvana, almost too good to be true.

• Thanks so much :)
    Just glad if I can contribute with something to this extraordinary site :)
    I think I have an Excel sheet somewhere on my studio computer with information about the various settings I used.
    If I find it, I can put a link here.

/ / Bjorn

• ^The man speaks the truth.

Another thanks here, man! :thumbup:
    Haven't found a really killer Recto profile yet, maybe this is it! And the Mark V certainly needs to have a thorough set of profiles done to capture it's full range.

May i ask what volume these were profiled at?

Hi,
    Dont remember exactly but the volume was probably much like in the rehearsal room.
    Enough for the drummer to hear but not so much so that the windows fall out :)

// Björn

• Yeah !! awesome work man, altough it will take years to test those rigs extensively !!!

I was just about borrowing a mark V to do some custom profiles, looks like you've already done it to the bone ;)

Thanks for this great contribution to the community.

• Some of these are great. I much prefer the full profiles rather than the D.I's. IMO, although tills cabs are really good they make theprofile have a certain sig 'tills' sound. Its quite difficult to hear much difference between actual amps. It seems like the cab accounts for 70% of the tone and the amp 30%. But there are a few gems from your full profiles 8)

• Everyone should really check out the mark V extreme 22 profile I think is what it is... THAT is gem for sure! I agree about the tills cabs too, I really try to avoid using them, they make everything sound way too similar, but I also think this can be said about using Any cab really. The cab obviously brings in something from the original amp it was recorded with, so here's what I do: if I have 2 profiles of the same amp, and one of the cabs sounds better than the other, I will try and use that cab on both etc. this seems to work better because you keep the "flavor" of the amp, verses switching out a cabinet and using a different profiles cabinet that is nothing like that amp, get what I'm staying?

• yup, simple but good point. I havent actually tried the extreme profiles - ive mostly been using one of the MarkIIc+ settings and actually one of the dual recs with 808s - im not usually a dual rec fan, i was glad to get rid of mine a few years back.

Im actually recording using a few of these profiles, just idea's but ill put it up when it a little tidier.

• Thank you guys :)
    I upload it to Rig Exchange. (BG MarkV CH3 EXT 22).
    Feel free to make suggestions on rigs that I should upload to Rig Exchange from them in my zip files.

/ / Björn