Posts by imbaray

Hi all,

I recently got a Kemper Stage as well as a Focusrite Clarett 4 interface.

I got this specific interface as it wasn't overly expensive and I wanted to use SPDIF to connect the Kemper (just seemed the most straightforward option from what I read...).

I do have an issue tho... Whenever I set the Focusrite to be the master (the Kemper Stage allows this), i.e., set the clock to Internal, I can hear artifacts coming out of the speakers (little crackling noises). These are much more noticeable if I raise the sample rate above 44.1 kHz...:|

On the other hand, if I set the Kemper as master, i.e. clock set to SPDIF, then the crackling noises go away, but the Focusrite loses the lock with the Kemper on occasion (every 15min or so... but the timing seems random). What I mean is, it clicks, the lock light goes out and then back again... This also seems to happen more as I raise the sample rate.

Both the Kemper and the Focusrite have the latest firmware and this is really annoying, to the point I'm considering going analog or just getting another audio interface...:rolleyes:

Has anyone had this issue? I've read a number of posts about similar problems but none quite exactly as I'm experiencing.

Thanks in advance!

Rui