Posts by halipino

I can't find this one - I have all of Bert's except the most recent pack. Is it in there?

AWESOME, I found this on the kemper site... doing a quick reamp using the Van Weldeen from Bert Meulendijk and it does sound amazing! Punchy and clear..

THANK YOU guys for pointing me in the right direction. I went ahead and bought mbritt's

D Pack

D Pack contains 60 profiles from D*mble and D*mble-inspired amps.

This should be good, can't wait to try these out.

Mbritt pack gives you a lot of variety. The Grammatico SSS is also incredibly good.

On top of it the Van Weldeen from Bert Meulendijk is plain exceptional, the 1979 Dumble from The Amp Factory as well.

Just downloaded today the Dumble from Mattfg and the first impression is very positive as well.

I have a lot of others as well but they are not on the same level IMHO.

Hi, thank you for helping me out....
    Which Mbritt pack were you referring to, he has a lot of em?
    Had my eye on tThe Grammatico SSS but sounds like there are other options on his site?

Hello friends, I hope this is in the right section of the forum???
    I know this is all subject to personal taste etc.. but who do you think has the best Dumble profiles?
    Tonejunkie, Mbritt or someone perhaps in the exchange?

Thanks in advance
    :)

the doubler tracker can be users in mono, if placed in blocks A-D, but if in X, mod, del, and rev slots it’s in stereo. You definitely want a stereo track as it’s sounds much better in stereo. Now that said you might right the Left output of the Kemper to one track and the right to another. Then pan each track hard left and right. Then you have independent volume control. I *think you could mute the right track in PT to essentially turn off the doubling, but I could be wrong.

That gave me an idea, don't know if would work or not but if I recorded a stereo track in pro tools than once finished the do the "split to mono" thing then there would be 2 individual mono tracks to adjust volumes??

Rookie question, I just upgraded the OS to 8.6.6 and the email from Kemper talked about the double Tracker... Do I have to create a stereo track in pro tools or just use a single mono track?

I'm looking for answers in the manual and threads but can't figure out why Send 1 Volume output is greyed out in the Output Section, any ideas?

I have been using the Send 1 Out, in the back of the Stage for my DI signal but is there a smarter way to capture the DI Signal?

Using SPDIF I have the Send 1 Output set to Git+Processing (for profiled amp tone + any FX that I may choose) and SPDIF Output set to GIT/Stack set to Git/Stack which seems to get me the clean DI signal in pro tools.

I still use my DIGI 002 console, with an older version of PT than you are using. The recordings are clean enough for me to license the music I record with it. But, if you are in the mood for something else, go for it! :)

well IDK if being in the mood is driving me, but that's awesome you still use the 002, that gives me reassurance but I'm starting to think about getting better sounding tracks and was wondering if newer gear would improve the situation.

I hate giving up the 002 control surface because I love the faders.

Btw I was running PT 8.05 forever but recently recently worked out a deal to get up to v10. I was happy with v6.0 to be honest Lol.

I'd be interested in hearing opinions on what best options would be regarding a better interface than my 14 year old Digi 002 control surface.

Don't know the specs on the 002 but I've been told it has lower end focusrite mic pre's and of course the digi hardware is married to pro tools software (v10)... From what I understand v11 of pro tools allows you to use any interface other than digi/avid... So?

Only requirement I'd prefer is that the interface has SPDIF, so far the bigger focusrite Scarlett has that. Then there is issue of DAW... Jump ship on PT or pay for upgrade to v11... or, IDK???

I want to capture the best sound for recording Kemper. What do you guys do?

Well, yeah just a wishlist/suggestion box kind of a thing but that's why I wanted to start this thread and see what a lot of you cats thought about the subject. I really like all the different points of view.

For situations where a guitar tech is not around, waiting in the wings and tuning everything up for ya (nice luxury lol) then yeah I'm looking at using the stage unit tuner for standard and my peterson set 1/2 step down to accommodate, until I can conjour up some other brilliant plan. ?????

I've tried transpose and can feel the latency as well (some are less sensitive to this than others). In a live situation I could probably live with it for a song here and there, but if I was doing the whole gig in a lower tuning I would just tune the guitar, and would certainly do so in a recording situation where I didn't have to worry about a live audience waiting for me to tune.

While it's not my code to talk about it seems to me that if pitch shifting down a half step via transpose introduces latency then it wouldn't matter if they implemented it in the tuner as I'm guessing it would have a similar delay. Probably related to processing time, i.e. it takes as long as it takes, but that's just speculation.

aww well as far as the tuner goes, I was not relating to the usage of both tuner and transpose at same time...

Just thinking about a designated axe in Eb and one in regular standard tuning. But yeah when recording in Eb, not so much a big deal (maybe it's just me lol)

but I hate having to rethink the flat notes, especially in a live situation.

All good, I have peterson tuners that transpose and I'll probably just have to anchor it down on the pedal board alongside the Kemper... Lol it's only rock n roll.... ??