Posts by BRGCobra

Here`s a long winded question for you guys. (I`m trying to give as much info as possible)

Kemper Stage>SD Powerstage 200>Avatar 212 cab w/WGS Vet 30 and ET 65. Sounds good. All is well.

When I go Kemper Stage into my Yamaha DXR 10, I run into one issue.

In two rigs on one Performance, I have an FX Loop set up in the Mod slot activated by one of the footswitches.

When I`m running through the Powerstage into the cab, all is well.

When I run into my DXR 10, that rig is muffled sounding. If I turn the fx loop off (stepping on the footswitch) volume is at normal level.

In the FX Loop I`m running an EHX Freeze pedal to use for one part on one song.

Why would it be wonky like that through an FRFR and not a poweramp into cab?

And the FM9 comes in $100 cheaper than the Stage. ($1599 vs. $1699 USD)

I never "dipped my toe" in the Fractal realm cause it seems like I`d spend more time "tweaking" in their software than actual playing.

AND......if I`m gonna drop that kind of cash, I`d like to try one out first. Hard to do since stores don`t carry them.

I got my Stage in August last year.
    I was hellbent on buying a gazillion profiles.
    I sat down with the unit and ran through each profile/preset. I found a half dozen that really worked well for me.

I have NOT purchased any profiles and have downloaded a few from the rig exchange.

Sit down with the unit first.
    Download the 300 page user manual and while you`re reading the manual, play with the unit as your reading in each section.
    You`ll really learn a lot!!

Oh, and don`t be overwhelmed about the 300 page manual. The last third of it just describes every effect.

Yeah Wheresthedug idea sounds right even haven't tried it either myself. Just to notice if you'd want to use it for freeze level boost you need to first step the morph and then the freeze right after as the freeze then cuts the signal input and just maintains the given level. If using remote with default button assignments I'd probably dedicate the performance slot & effect buttons that are on top of each other for easier access e.g. slot 5 (morph) & fx button III (freeze).

That`s an idea.
    Sadly, I haven`t really experimented with the morph feature. (GASP!)

Although, I still would prefer to see what I originally posted.

I think the Freeze feature was added when the reverb/delay update came out.
    To me, the sound when the freeze is engaged is very low.
    I`ve tried different guitars, settings in both reverb and delay menus and I can`t seem to "bring up" the volume.

In Rush`s song "Limelight", Alex hits the last note of the solo and it rings out while he`s playing appregios over it.
    That`s the effect I`m shooting for.

Maybe this could be added as a parameter in the next update?

Or, maybe I`m doing something wrong?

I always feel that chorus cuts out some of my highs. When you say run in after the amp in the cab section are you meaning in the "mod" section, I think I am missing what you are saying. Thanks!

Correct.
    Chorus in the "mod" slot.
    You can add an EQ to the "x" slot to fine tune whatever tone(s) you`re needing.

I play ALOT of Rush myself and here`s what I use/found:
    CE-1 Chorus (first one that pops up in the chorus menu)
    Rate 3.0

Depth 6.0

Crossover leave at default

Mix 90%

Ducking and Volume at 0

Run it AFTER the amp/in the cab section.

I use it with Michael Britt`s Silver Jube reissue 18 factory profile.
    Go easy on the gain. Alex never really used "heavy" gain.