Posts by AttitudeEra

Definitely second this, in fact massively surprised you can’t already do it given the inputs are already there.

example 2: Kemper double tracker out in stereo to stereo delay back into Kemper in stereo to a stereo reverb

I’m back with another question after having read the manual and watched a couple of videos. I just want to ensure I’m about to connect things properly…

I’m looking to create a stereo effect loop with a pedal which has two inputs and two outputs. How do I go about connecting this as everything I read describes sending a mono signal from the Kemper and a stereo return. What if the stereo loop im looking to use is after other internal stereo Kemper effects?

eg let’s pretend I have a stereo double tracker setup in the Kemper, and want to go out into a stereo reverb pedal and back? Do I just use both sends and if so would I need to configure as a left and right?

Thanks in advance

Hmm that is indeed a shame.

however just a thought, would it work to run an FX loop in stereo, output in stereo to FOH and (providing the same settings work for both foh and monitors) use the 1/4 main outs to also output to monitors in stereo (controlling the monitors volume locally I guess)?

Hi there

I’m being driven crazy with MIDI/Kemper.

is there any way to test the Midi connection on the side of the Kemper? Maybe some troubleshooting steps?

I bought a used rack a while back and it runs fine, at first I was using it on its own to set up and try rigs, no issues.

then I tried to plug in my Morningstar MC8 (amazing piece of kit) and found (after making sure midi channels matched up etc) that the Kemper wasn’t receiving any Midi PC messages.

eventually I figured maybe the previous Kemper owner fiddled with something so I completely reset the Kemper and suddenly the midi started working.

All was fine until Rig Manager forced me to update the RM and Kemper software last week. Now whatever I do the Kemper will not respond in any way to midi from the Morningstar.

I’ve reset the Kemper again numerous times, tried 4 different midi cables, tried it on omni as well as individual channels, but it seems the Kemper is not seeing anything coming in.

what else can I try??

Hey there

is it possible to use a stereo loop as well as stereo monitor to two powered kabinets from the rack?

I don’t think there are enough inputs on the rack, but what about using something like a TRS Y cable for the effects in and out?

Any other work around?

Finally took the plunge on my Kemper a few months ago - went all in with 2 powerkabs also.

Blown away so far but hoping some of the experienced people on this forum might be able to help me dial in a sound I can’t quite get.

I can get close with several stomp FX but thinking someone might be able to get me closer!

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I’m looking for the clean sound at around 30 seconds - I’m happy with my rig based on a Twin but struggling with the effect. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Thanks all for your replies, I’ve read them with great interest!

sounds like I’m thinking along the right lines, tbh.

1) In terms of the more ‘budget’ controllers out there like the Behringer and the Ground Control Pro - would they have the ability to for example load a preset and power on an individual pedal (connected through a switcher like a Hex or GCX) in one press? If yes, what about the same thing but going one step further and loading specific preset on the MIDI capable pedal?

2) what are the limitations of just using the kemper remote if I went with for example just a couple of key pedals such as midi programmable delays/modulation effects? Would I be able to achieve the switching in one click but just be limited to fewer separate loops?

Thanks

Hi guys

I haven’t bought one yet but I’m looking to buy ASAP, just waiting for a good deal to come along.

I’ll be using the rack mainly for home sessions, rehearsals, live use, recording potentially at some point although I’m already set in my ways plug-in wise.

main requirements are to be able to move from heads/pedalboards/cables everywhere to a simple everything in a rack setup.

In the rack would be power conditioner, power amp, guitar wireless receiver, possibly my rack tuner, kemper rack all going into a kemper cab.

however I’m looking at being able to keep the flexibility of possibly using my pedals in the future, rack mounted in a drawer, if necessary adding something like a VL rack switcher. If I do that at some point I’d like the ability to easily swap between kemper profiles AND add in external pedals (loop and preamp) with one foot switch.

Reading a lot it looks like the kemper remote would be best if I didn’t choose to add the pedals in the future, but a different option may be better if I decide I do want to. Bear in mind the pedals I’m talking about range from simple Phase 90 which would just need to be on/off to more unusual delays which are midi controllable with presets etc.

Any advice?