Midi problems please help

• Hi there

I’m being driven crazy with MIDI/Kemper.

is there any way to test the Midi connection on the side of the Kemper? Maybe some troubleshooting steps?

I bought a used rack a while back and it runs fine, at first I was using it on its own to set up and try rigs, no issues.

then I tried to plug in my Morningstar MC8 (amazing piece of kit) and found (after making sure midi channels matched up etc) that the Kemper wasn’t receiving any Midi PC messages.

eventually I figured maybe the previous Kemper owner fiddled with something so I completely reset the Kemper and suddenly the midi started working.

All was fine until Rig Manager forced me to update the RM and Kemper software last week. Now whatever I do the Kemper will not respond in any way to midi from the Morningstar.

I’ve reset the Kemper again numerous times, tried 4 different midi cables, tried it on omni as well as individual channels, but it seems the Kemper is not seeing anything coming in.

what else can I try??

• You didn't mention, if you are in Browser or in Performance Mode. In Performance Mode, each of the 625 Slots has its fixed MIDI bank and program change address displayed on the left side in the dark box. In Browser Mode, you need to manually assign the 128 program change #s to Rigs in the browse pool of your PROFILER. OS updates never touch these assignments.

If the PROFILER receives a MIDI program change, it displays a "'#" on the right side of the screen for a short moment.

So, in Browser Mode make sure, you are sending program change #s which are assigned. In Performance Mode be aware, that the Slot you are trying to load is enabled. Disabled Slots cannot be loaded remotely.