Posts by Mr Pick

It would be great if you could update the effects browse menu. You have to browse from the top till the end of the effects list (Kemper Stage). Sometimes it would be easier to start browsing from the end of the list to choose the desired effect (much faster).

Wow, thank you very much for sharing your experiences. I will give it a try :)

Maybe one day Kemper is able to give you an amp in the room feeling. That would be great. I mean before they invented the Kemper, nobody thought that an electrical device can copy an amp sound so well.

Profiling his amp is an good idea.

I've noticed when you turn up the compressor to get a fat sound, the pickups react very sensitive. You will hear a scratchy sidetone. So you have to decide between a fat tone or a thinner tone without scratchy sidetones. I've tried to use the pick function to compensate that, but it did't work.

Beyond that I've experimented with the studio equilizer in order to overdrive only low and mid frequencies. But you can still hear the distortion at high frequencies. :( What the equalizer can do is boosting the gain of certain frequencies (low, mid, high). But the gain reduction of frequencies show no good results.

Thanks for your post. I've experimented with different settings.

I found out that the compressor in the amplifier settings helps to create a fat sound. Aditionally I've put a booster in front of a distortion effect.

You really have to play with the different controllers... Clarity, Definition, Volume, Distortion.... And I've noticed that it's a big difference when you turn of the cabinets. You'll get a much more direct and clear sound. So you'll get a better base for further settings.

But in the end you really have to turn up the volume to get a tube amp feeling. I think the Kemper really emulates the character of a tube amp. The most tube amps sound well, when you crank them up. And that's the same with the Kemper...But I think you have to turn it louder than the tube amp to get a good result...

I don't use any headphones. I'm listening to the sound of my 1000W FRFR speaker.

I have found out that when I turn up the master volume of the Stage it goes into the right direction. But then it's really loud.

The tube amp of my fried had the fat sound at a more pleasant volume level... At least I have bear that in mind.

So I think you can only achieve a fat sound when you crank up the volume level of the Kemper. Using a booster and only turn up its volume level, won't bring any results...

I will try it again with a little bit more Volume + Booster. We will see if I can achieve a nice fat bluesy sound.

But I'm thankful for any advise.

Yours Mr. Pick

Hello,

I'm a bit disappointet by my lead sound;(. I can't create a more forceful sound. The tone is always weak. I've tried different Kemper booster and overdrive pedals.

Here an example of the sound I'm looking for:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've visited a friend an he uses a Fender Tube Amp + Overdrive/Boost pedal. The sound has blown me away. You really feel the pressure when he just hit one or two strings...Can you create such a sound with the Kemper or do you really need a tube amp to get it right?

Yours Mr. Pick

Hallo zusammen,

es ist eine komplizierte Angelegenheit, deswegen wird der folgende Text etwas länger....

Ich bin gerade dabei einen Song einzuüben. Solo nur ich, die Gitarre, der Kemper Stage und eine Looping Station RC-500 von Boss. Ich nutze eine externe Looping Station, weil man beim integrierten Looper vom Kemper erst in den Looping Modus schalten muss und dort ja auch nur eine Spur hat.

Während des Songs nutze ich also die Looping Station um einen Backing-Track für den Solopart aufzunehmen. Wenn ich dann den Backingtrack mittels Playtaster an der Looping Station wiedergebe, muss ich gleichzeitig den Overdrive-Effekt am Kemper für das Solo einschalten. Nach dem Solo muss ich den Backing-Track stoppen und den Distortion-Effekt gleichzeitig ausschalten, um zum vorherigen Sound zurückzukehren.

Gibt es mittlerweile Lösungen, wie man mittels eines Tasters sowohl Fuktionen der Loopingstation (wie bspw. Wiedergabestopp) und deaktivieren von Effekten am Kemper vornehmen kann?

Midi scheint leider nicht zu funktionieren. Wenn ich richtig informiert bin, sendet der Kemper Stage nur PC-Nachrichten aber keine CC-Nachrichten. Die Loopingstation lässt sich aber nur über CC steuern. Das wäre natürlich genial gewesen. Dann hätte man für jede Funktion (Start/Stop etc.) einen Midibefehl in den Midi-Einstellungen in verschiedenen Slots des Kempers hinterlegt. Dann wäre über den Fußsschalter für den Slot als Ganzes (mit den gewünschten Effekteinstellungen) gleichzeitig eine bestimmte Funktion der Looping Station mittels CC zu bedienen gewesen. Wäre geil, wenn das über ein Update möglich gemacht werden könnte.

Hat jemand von euch vielleicht eine alternative Lösung? Sonst müsste man immer zwei Taster auf zwei verschiedenen Geräten gleichzeitig betätigen und das ist ziemlich umständlich...

Gruß,

Euer Mr. Pick :S

German:

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe mir zuerst den Kemper Head angeschafft und bin jetzt auf den Kemper Stage umgestiegen. Derzeit warte ich noch sehnsüchtig auf die Lieferung :love:

Für mich ist noch nicht klar, welchen Anschluss (Monitor Out oder Main Out) ich für meine Aktivbox verwenden sollte. Grundsätzlich ist der Mainout ja für Mischpulte vorgesehen und der Monitor Out, wie der Name schon sagt, für Monitorboxen auf der Bühne. In einem Video zum Kemper Stage habe ich nun gesehen, dass der Mainout für den Anschluss einer Aktivbox benutzt wurde. Kann ich also davon ausgehen, dass dieser Anschluss der richtige für meine Aktivbox ist? Wenn ich richtig informiert bin, werden beim Mainout alle Signale des Rigs übertragen und nicht gefiltert. Und so soll es ja bei mir für den Spielbetrieb zu Hause auch sein.

Zum loopen möchte ich gerne einen externen Looper verwenden. Diesen kann man ja über die Send/Return-Anschlüsse einschleifen. Ist dann auch eine Bedienung des externen Loopers mit den Tasten für den internen Looper des Stage (Start/Stop usw.) möglich? Zudem würde ich gerne bestimmte Effekte mit dem Abspielen des Loops verbinden. Es soll nur ein Taster benutzt werden, um den Loop des externen Loopers abzuspielen u. gleichzeitig den Overdrive-Effekt im Stage zu aktivieren. Ist das möglich?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English:

Hello everyone,

I bought the Kemper Head first and have now switched to the Kemper Stage. At the moment I'm still longingly waiting for the delivery: love:

It is not yet clear to me which connection (monitor out or main out) I should use for my active speaker. Basically, the mainout is intended for mixing consoles and the monitor out, as the name suggests, for monitor boxes on the stage. In a video about the Kemper Stage I have now seen that the mainout was used to connect an active speaker. So can I assume that this connection is the right one for my active speaker? If I am correctly informed, all signals of the rig will be transmitted and not filtered during the mainout. And that's how it should be for me to play at home.

I would like to use an external looper for looping. You can loop this in via the send / return connections. Is it then also possible to operate the external looper with the buttons for the stage's internal looper (start / stop, etc.)? I would also like to combine certain effects with playing the loop. Only one button should be used to play the loop of the external looper and simultaneously activate the overdrive effect in the stage. Is that possible?